April 17-24, 2006
We will never return to this hotel. It is a run down 3 stars hotel. For the same amount of money you can go to 4+ star hotels in Mexico, Dominican Republic, and Cuba etc.
Hygiene - questionable. No bottled water (have to buy), coffe maker. Always problems with towels in the rooms. Carib Bar lunches - terrible. Rice with leftovers from the previous day (fish and meat together), French fries, greasy meat. My wife got sick the second day. First time ever since we started to travel and she was not alone. After 48 hours of high fever and diarheria we had to call the doctor (US145.00) - antibiotics.
Stuff very friendly but they can not do much with the limited recourses.
The Island is beautiful English Harbor, Shirley Heights etc.
Excellent taxi driver- guide - Glen. US$90 trip around the Island well worth the money.
Locals are also complaining about the owner running down the hotel. It looks like pretty soon the only people coming to Halcyon will be the Time Share owners. They do not have much choice.
Sunday - excellent dinner - ham, turkey, beef slices to bad it was only good dinner during our stay.
Beach beautiful. We were AI and ate in the Halcyon only except for the restaurant in the English Harbor. Food - amazing.
Sorry Halcyon - wake up or close
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a pristine picture postcard beach front location, the Halcyon Cove by rex resorts offers the very essence of a perfect Caribbean setting. Beautiful glistening waters gently lap at the palm-fringed white sands of Dickenson Bay where guests can recline beneath the palm-frond parasols or exert some energy on a variety of water sports. International buffet breakfast and dinner cuisine is served at the Arawak Terrace restaurant or treat yourself at the Warri Pier a-la-carte restaurant featuring speciality grills and lobster in its unique setting over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and TripOnline SA so you can book your Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Hotel St. John`s
- Halcyon Cove Antigua
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Resorts Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Rex Halcyon Cove Resort
- Rex Halcyon Antigua