I went for the cricket. I read the reviews and thought "oh my God" what have I done! It was brill. the rooms did need an upgrade, they were tired. But I can honestly say I loved it. Room 202 10 yards from the beautiful beach I didn't care about cold water and how clean the grouting was! The food was lovely, the 2 meals on the pier could not be beat for location. Anyone that moans about this place should shut up pay double and go to sandals. All in all well worth it. Staff lovely and the island beautiful.
Keep your empty water bottles from plane
Take insect repellant although I found the bites didn't itch for long
Do go on the round the island catamaran
Buy aloe Vera from the guy on the beach, good for red skin and bites
Don't read reviews from Canadians especially the French ones!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a pristine picture postcard beach front location, the Halcyon Cove by rex resorts offers the very essence of a perfect Caribbean setting. Beautiful glistening waters gently lap at the palm-fringed white sands of Dickenson Bay where guests can recline beneath the palm-frond parasols or exert some energy on a variety of water sports. International buffet breakfast and dinner cuisine is served at the Arawak Terrace restaurant or treat yourself at the Warri Pier a-la-carte restaurant featuring speciality grills and lobster in its unique setting over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, West Indies, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Hotel St. John`s
- Halcyon Cove Antigua
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Resorts Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Rex Halcyon Cove Resort
- Rex Halcyon Antigua