We were there January 16th to the 23rd, 2014. We had beautiful weather all week. The first 4 days, we had a big room with a gorgeous vue of the sea. room 358 but had a lot of problem with flushing the toilet, we had it repared 7 times with no success so the great manager, Mr Nabil Chahwan change us to another room in the main building. No problem after that.
The rooms are in need of an upgrade of course but are not so bad. The bed was too firm for me so I asked for a duvet on it and it was perfect after that. The pillows are also perfect and you can ask for as many as you need.
The food is great at the buffet even if not a lot of choice, everything is good and hot. Everywhere we go, the food is never hot in buffets but there, it is so that's a plus for me. I was very surprise that we were able to eat twice at the a la carte restaurant, I read it wasn't included but it was, except for the seafood and steak.
The beach is beautiful but many little rocks on it but they don't hurt your feet even if you walk on them. The sea is very blue but not clear so you don't see your feet. I was very surprised that the water was not warm like in Jamaica, unfortunatly.
Every night, there was a great band who played music from Jamaica etc so much better then the Michael Jackson shows that we see everywhere else. We could even danse to it.
The employees where almost all great except a few at the beach bar who would never smile, even after they received alot of tips from us. If I was the boss of that place, I would check every employees from a far to see if they smile to customers and if not, they would be fired right away. Of course, it needs to be an honest smile not fake. Nabil, you need to have only employees that have a great personnality if they work with the public, the non smiling ones can clean the rooms or work in the garden. Hope for your hotel that you will use that advice. If you hire only great people like you, that would be perfect because even with all the problem we had in our room, you where always patient and smiling. Thank you for that.
To resume, good hotel for the price if you know what you bought because it's not sold as a five stars and is not a five star but good food, great beach and beautiful sun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a pristine picture postcard beach front location, the Halcyon Cove by rex resorts offers the very essence of a perfect Caribbean setting. Beautiful glistening waters gently lap at the palm-fringed white sands of Dickenson Bay where guests can recline beneath the palm-frond parasols or exert some energy on a variety of water sports. International buffet breakfast and dinner cuisine is served at the Arawak Terrace restaurant or treat yourself at the Warri Pier a-la-carte restaurant featuring speciality grills and lobster in its unique setting over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Hotel St. John`s
- Halcyon Cove Antigua
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Resorts Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Rex Halcyon Cove Resort
- Rex Halcyon Antigua