This beautiful little resort needs some TLC as the rooms are dated. The owners should invest some funds to fix the little huts at the beach and do some updates to the rooms. We didn't go to Antigua to spend time in the room so were satisfied that the room was spacious and clean. Remember this is a 3 star hotel although the food is far better than the 4 star on the other side of the island where we stayed previously, that being said the staff more than make up for it.
Many thanks to our bar staff Alek, Austin, Doulston and Heleen who always look after you. Special thanks to Alek and Austin for truly amazing service, great conversation and lots of laughs. I miss you already! Austin, karaoke and Bob Marley are awaiting you.
The food is amazing thanks to Dale our chef, I will truly miss the best fish ever. Roxanne will look after you in the restaurant and make sure that you have everything you need. Lunch and dinner offer a good variety of food, chicken, fish, burgers, and plenty of side dishes there is something for everyone.
The beach is perfect, sandy, mostly calm, lots of lounge chairs. The cruise ships have day excursions to this beach and the yellow shirt staff can be a little rude as they would like to take your spot at times insisting that you go to the other side of the beach. Hold your ground you are entitled to remain where you are.
Fenton and Errol do a great job with the activities and entertainment. Entertainment could be a steel band, singers or karaoke singers....
Devon and the general manager checked on us regularly to ensure we were okay.
Housekeeping do an amazing job keeping your room very clean. The water was a little brownish yellow at times in our room however doesn't seem to have hurt us. We had a little trouble with our safe however someone was there to fix it and make sure all was well.
The beach vendors are patient and a simple good morning and a polite no thank you will provide you with a peaceful day. They are not pushy or annoying. If booking a trip...go to Michael, he's the best! Prickly Pear Adventure was the best! Shirley Heights on a Sunday is absolutely the best thing you could do.
Looking forward to returning in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a pristine picture postcard beach front location, the Halcyon Cove by rex resorts offers the very essence of a perfect Caribbean setting. Beautiful glistening waters gently lap at the palm-fringed white sands of Dickenson Bay where guests can recline beneath the palm-frond parasols or exert some energy on a variety of water sports. International buffet breakfast and dinner cuisine is served at the Arawak Terrace restaurant or treat yourself at the Warri Pier a-la-carte restaurant featuring speciality grills and lobster in its unique setting over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Hotel St. John`s
- Halcyon Cove Antigua
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Resorts Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Rex Halcyon Cove Resort
- Rex Halcyon Antigua