This was the first time my boyfriend and I visited Antigua and the halcyon cove, it was recommended by his parents who went 5 years ago.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. Especially Fenton who was very funny and constantly entertaining. Also was very good to us when we wanted to have a late check out of our room. He also ran all the actives that were taken place at the hotel. So go to him if you have any problems and he will be happy to sort them out. All the bar staff and waiters and waitresses were friendly all the time and always had a smile on there face, even after they worked a whole day they were still cheerful. The rooms are basic and could be updated, but they were cleaned every day. we had an ocean view room which was lovely, but there was a door that joined to the next room and if there were people staying next door then you could here them. So it could be quite noisy at times, But it was very spacious and the bed was a good size. The beach was lovely but when it was rough from storms there was quite a lot of seaweed and they didn't really clean it away, they just put it in piles and left it. where as the other beaches removed it completely but we were not to worried about that. The food was good we mainly ate at the restaurant as the pier was only open one of the nights, which we were quite disappointed at as it was not busy when we stayed so they could of opened it. The food was mixture of buffet and a la carte it was basic but nice, there could be a little more variety though. They did have the grill open for lunch most of the week which is just off the beach where they did more of a variety. There was only night time entertainment on the last 2 nights we stayed so they other nights we either stayed at the bar or went to our room, which was a little disappointing.
All in all it was a good holiday but there could be room for improvements, but it depends on what you like and what your expectations are. If you are looking for a relaxing holiday in a quiet and comfortable surroundings this is the one for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a pristine picture postcard beach front location, the Halcyon Cove by rex resorts offers the very essence of a perfect Caribbean setting. Beautiful glistening waters gently lap at the palm-fringed white sands of Dickenson Bay where guests can recline beneath the palm-frond parasols or exert some energy on a variety of water sports. International buffet breakfast and dinner cuisine is served at the Arawak Terrace restaurant or treat yourself at the Warri Pier a-la-carte restaurant featuring speciality grills and lobster in its unique setting over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Hotel St. John`s
- Halcyon Cove Antigua
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Resorts Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Rex Halcyon Cove Resort
- Rex Halcyon Antigua