Our 9th visit to Antigua,our 7th stay at Halcyon Cove. Says it all really!
Travelled as a family ,daughters aged 9 and 11 on an all-inclusive holiday , august 2013
Stayed in poolside room,plenty of room for kingsize bed (really comfy)and two single beds( see my previous review for photo)
The hotel is a bit dated and tired in places yes,but then it is one of the older resorts in Antigua.
It is also very reasonably priced!
Im surprised about comments of cleanliness being poor, we had no issues at all.
The room was cleaned every day to a standard i cannot fault.
The pool was cleaned and tested every morning
Food areas were clean
Im a bit of a fussy eater,like my kids,but had no problems with the food offered
Warri Pier should be used more though.
Best beach on the island? Quite possibly
White sand,warm sea
Went kayaking ( free with AI at the watersports hut ) many times, mostly to go and see the turtle living by the rocks at the end of the beach
Went on a snorkelling trip to a coral reef with the kids ,and Ken at watersports hut. Very reasonable price and we all loved it,they were very helpful getting my youngest into the sea
Best hotel staff ? Most definitely
Fantastic people,cant fault anyone
Very friendly genuine people who made us feel so welcome once again.
Really miss them all
Halcyon Cove is a simple hotel,blessed with its position and its people.
It is not perfect, but we love it.
We hope to return again soon,to our paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a pristine picture postcard beach front location, the Halcyon Cove by rex resorts offers the very essence of a perfect Caribbean setting. Beautiful glistening waters gently lap at the palm-fringed white sands of Dickenson Bay where guests can recline beneath the palm-frond parasols or exert some energy on a variety of water sports. International buffet breakfast and dinner cuisine is served at the Arawak Terrace restaurant or treat yourself at the Warri Pier a-la-carte restaurant featuring speciality grills and lobster in its unique setting over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, West Indies, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Hotel St. John`s
- Halcyon Cove Antigua
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Resorts Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Rex Halcyon Cove Resort
- Rex Halcyon Antigua