We stayed in a beach front room (2 beds) April 17-24, 2013. Read the fine print on the web site carefully. All Inclusive means: buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, buffet dinner, and cheap house liquor, some amateur entertainment, and nothing more.
The property has 3 restaurants, but only one is open for each meal. We had bad weather for the first 3 days, so every meal was in the Terrace restaurant, The food is generally good, but gets to be boring after a few days. We had the same 2 salad dressing for lunch and dinner for 7 days. One day we saw shrimp cocktails on a table when we entered the restaurant, but that was for the manager and his guests, not available for us. Dickenson Bay is dominated by Sandals and Halcyon, and there is only one (Coconut Grove) good restaurant within walking distance.
The room was good sized, clean, the bed was comfortable, and there was plenty of hot water. The bathroom was tile, with a fancy sink, but the bathroom door had a big hole in the back of it.
The whole place had a feel of having been through many renovations, by less than skilled craftsmen, on a shoestring budget. "Tired" probably is a good description.
Halcyon does allow cruise ship passengers to come and use the beach by the bus load, but they concentrate them in the middle of the property.
The beach was nice, the water warm and the beach vendors were not too obnoxious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a pristine picture postcard beach front location, the Halcyon Cove by rex resorts offers the very essence of a perfect Caribbean setting. Beautiful glistening waters gently lap at the palm-fringed white sands of Dickenson Bay where guests can recline beneath the palm-frond parasols or exert some energy on a variety of water sports. International buffet breakfast and dinner cuisine is served at the Arawak Terrace restaurant or treat yourself at the Warri Pier a-la-carte restaurant featuring speciality grills and lobster in its unique setting over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Hotel St. John`s
- Halcyon Cove Antigua
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Resorts Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Rex Halcyon Cove Resort
- Rex Halcyon Antigua