As soon as we boarded the boat to go to the island we were greeted by the captain which set the tone for the entire vacation. We are a couple who traveled with our 19 year old daughter. When we arrived on the island a huge surprise awaited us. They upgraded our room to a suite with a private pool. There was PLENTY of room or all of us.
We have stayed at most every upscale resort in the Caribbean as well as renting villas. We never would think of going to an all inclusive resort for the food can be questionable. However, I can say every meal was enjoyable. I asked the chef who is from Argentina to prepare us a steak dinner and voila, there for us to enjoy. It was beautiful,quiet and the staff was attentive and understood that we were there to relax. What ever we needed was never a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 300-acre private island located just two miles off the coast of Antigua, Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort casts a spell of serene enchantment. A naturalist's haven that plays host to a variety of wildlife a midst the tropical foliage and pristine, white sand beaches, this all-inclusive hideaway is recognized world-wide as a private island resort paradise. With 40 luxurious resort rooms and suites, and a host of privately owned residences, Jumby Bay's exemplary hospitality is something that has long been lauded by the Caribbean's most discerning travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jumby Bay, a Rosewood Hotel St. John`s
- Jumby Bay Antigua
- Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort Antigua/Saint John Parish