This trip exceeded our expectations. The high standard and consistency of service thoughout this property is amazing.
We stayed in beachside suite #34. It is about 25-30 feet from the beach and close to the spa and pool grille. I've attached pics of our accomodations. You will never have to jockey for drinks at the beach bar or get up at the crack of dawn to reserve your spot on the beach. While this is not high season yet, we were told they were at about 60-70% occupancy and still, you never felt like you were in a crowd.
If you want activities from sunrise to sundown followed by the limbo contest, this is not for you. They have 3 - 4 activities planned everyday and we did all of the watersport activities (snorkeling, kayaking). This is the place to go at your own pace and the staff is there to accomodate your needs and requests.
We ate dinner everynight at the Estate House and they changed the menu a bit each night to present new offerings. If you like seafood, they play to the diversity of what is available and the preparations reflect the local influences. The portions were perfect. Being from the U.S., I get tired of portions that can feed a family of 4. Jasmine, Lois and Rhonda took great care of us and we looked forward to seeing them every night. I recommend arriving early to have a drink in the beautiful upstairs bar before dinner.
If they have a White Night Beach Night Barbeque when you go, don't miss it. The tables are set out on the beach, you are barefoot in the sand, and can eat all the grilled seafood you desire. With a local band playing as entertainment, It was a real treat.
Genevieve, Franka ,and Patel are there to serve (and entertain) you at the beach bar. These 3 are just a lot of fun to hang out with. They will pack coolers of beer/water/soft drinks in addition to preparing cocktails to be delivered to you. Food can also be delivered to the beach bar and/or your beach chair. if you've ordered one drink from the beach bar, they will remember it your entire stay. Wadadlis (local beer) and rum punch appeared for us without asking.
The following story really encapsulates their commitment to service. Dexter, from Water Sports, gave me and my partner a Hobie Cat sailing lesson. Long story short, I managed to capsize the Hobie on my first maiden voyage and lost our camera (no jokes about how a goat could sail a Hobie Cat...I know....). Anyway, Dexter came in on his day off to snorkel for the camera and found it. All it needed was a battery charge. I can't say enough about his selfless effort to do this and we were deeply grateful.
The spa was great...get the 90 minute bamboo massage from Marsha. Both my massages by her were fantastic.
This was exactly the vacation we were looking for....excellent accomodations, impeccable service and no lack of water related activities. I cannot wait to go back and I hope to see Dexter, Genevieve, Franka, Patel, Lois, Rhonda, Jasmine, and Marsha again!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 300-acre private island located just two miles off the coast of Antigua, Jumby Bay Island casts a spell of serene enchantment. A naturalist's haven that plays host to a variety of wildlife amidst the tropical foliage and pristine, white sand beaches, this all-inclusive hideaway is recognized world-wide as a private island resort paradise. With 40 luxurious resort rooms and suites, and a host of privately owned residences, Jumby Bay's exemplary hospitality is something that has long been lauded by the Caribbean's most discerning travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Jumby Bay Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jumby Bay, a Rosewood Hotel St. John`s
- Jumby Bay Antigua
- Jumby Bay Island Antigua/Saint John Parish