Dear fellow travelers,
From time to time to time I come to this site to read what others think about resorts/islands that I have visited. After reading the last post, I feel compelled to post my opinion.
My husband and I went to Jumby Bay in May for our honeymoon. From the moment we arrived we were treated with utmost respect and provided with impeccable service.
As far as the AC, you have to know going to any island...it's going to be hot. I would not suggest going to any caribbean island if you do not like heat. The AC is adequate. At Jumby, It is located on the wall next to the bed, so it was not a problem for us. We were only in the room during the evening anyway. The room itself was huge!
The food was good, the service was excellent. They attended to our every need. The house wine was just fine (and I drink wine often).
The beach was gorgeous and quite every day of our stay, which was 7 nights. We also met some very interesting people from the UK. We often met them for drinks before or after dinner.
On our departure, the airport DID have priority check-in for 1st class. I guess it depends on the airline you are traveling on. We flew American Airlines and they had their own terminal on the side of the airport. We weren't in long lines at all. As far as the airport itself...of course it was not the Taj Majal...it's a Caribbean airport. The post that was made prior to this one has obviously never visited Jamaica or St. Lucia's airports (no AC).
It was a very relaxing and romantic honeymoon for us. We enjoyed ourselves and each other. And trust me, we are very picky when it comes to travel!
* Stingray City was a blast!
*Go visit Bird Island and hike to the top...take your camera!
*Visit Nelson's Dockyard
*Take a cab to Shirley Heights
*If you can go the last week of April...the boat races are a sight to behold!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 300-acre private island located just two miles off the coast of Antigua, Jumby Bay Island casts a spell of serene enchantment. A naturalist's haven that plays host to a variety of wildlife amidst the tropical foliage and pristine, white sand beaches, this all-inclusive hideaway is recognized world-wide as a private island resort paradise. With 40 luxurious resort rooms and suites, and a host of privately owned residences, Jumby Bay's exemplary hospitality is something that has long been lauded by the Caribbean's most discerning travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Jumby Bay Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jumby Bay, a Rosewood Hotel St. John`s
- Jumby Bay Antigua
- Jumby Bay Island Antigua/Saint John Parish