We have just returned from our first stay at Jumby Bay and it was a complete delight!
We stayed in 2 beautiful connecting courtyard suites which had the comfiest beds I have ever slept in (and I have been known to ask for mattresses to be changed in hotels before so I really mean they are comfy!). The rooms were near the Pool Grille restaurant & this was an ideal location for our family.
I have read reviews that say there is nothing to do here for children but please don't believe it, Jumby is perfect! Rosebuds is the name of the kids club which is open mornings & afternoons with the loveliest staff on hand. My daughter aged 4 was entertained by carving Halloween pumpkins, dancing for shows, trips to the bar to make 'mocktails', trips to the beach to play and make sandcastles and even wind-chime making! The new kids club is to open shortly and it looks fab!
As for my older chlldren (10 & 12) they loved the watersports - Sean was fantastic with them & got them mono-skiing and wakeboarding after a few days! They were in heaven!
The setting is simply idyllic..white sand, clear water and even little chairs to sit on in the sea with waves lapping your ankles whilst you read or gaze out to sea whilst sipping a 'Cool Me Off' cocktail!
The restaurants were amazing - fish tacos & mushroom risotto & the lobster were my favourites, jerk chicken for my husband, steaks for the boys,..the list is really endless..and of course what ever my 4 year old wanted was conjured up no problem! Choice of drinks was superb and new cocktails were created for us by the lovely barman at the Estate House!
An amazing holiday with amazing staff - we so enjoyed our time there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 300-acre private island located just two miles off the coast of Antigua, Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort casts a spell of serene enchantment. A naturalist's haven that plays host to a variety of wildlife a midst the tropical foliage and pristine, white sand beaches, this all-inclusive hideaway is recognized world-wide as a private island resort paradise. With 40 luxurious resort rooms and suites, and a host of privately owned residences, Jumby Bay's exemplary hospitality is something that has long been lauded by the Caribbean's most discerning travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jumby Bay, a Rosewood Hotel St. John`s
- Jumby Bay Antigua
- Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort Antigua/Saint John Parish