My new husband and I spent the first 5 nights of our honeymoon at Jumby Bay, and it was everything we wanted it to be. The service was excellent - very friendly, accommodating and eager to please. You could tell that they tried to do everything to make sure we were comfortable, and they moved quickly to correct things if this wasn't the case. The food did not disappoint, especially the breakfast buffet and dinner at the Estate House. We had no complaints at all with regards to the food. In addition, you can't beat the setting of this resort. A private island with lots of paths to ride your bike or go for a jog, as you either admire the ocean view or the beautiful grounds (reminiscent of Caneel Bay in St. John, USVI). The beach was the perfect balance of peace and quiet with some action. We had a great time wind surfing, paddle boarding, water skiing, kayaking and taking out the hobie cat. My husband and I both got a massage at their spa, and mine was so relaxing that I could hardly function for the rest of the day! It was amazing! Our room (#12) was comfortable, clean and quite lovely. It had a nice patio with chase loungers, a table, glider chairs and a plunge pool. The room itself had high ceilings, a separate bathroom and shower, dual sinks, an area with a make-up mirror and a flat screen TV. It also had a nice view of the property and a small view of the beach. The hotel was nice enough to have a bottle of Champagne on ice and a cake with 2 hearts coming together for us upon our arrival. A great touch for honeymooners, or any celebratory occasion! While there were some misses that did not put this resort on the same level as a Four Seasons, Jumby Bay is tough to beat. We loved it there and would highly recommend it as a relaxing getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 300-acre private island located just two miles off the coast of Antigua, Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort casts a spell of serene enchantment. A naturalist's haven that plays host to a variety of wildlife a midst the tropical foliage and pristine, white sand beaches, this all-inclusive hideaway is recognized world-wide as a private island resort paradise. With 40 luxurious resort rooms and suites, and a host of privately owned residences, Jumby Bay's exemplary hospitality is something that has long been lauded by the Caribbean's most discerning travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelsClick and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jumby Bay, a Rosewood Hotel St. John`s
- Jumby Bay Antigua
- Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort Antigua/Saint John Parish