Arriving in Jumby Bay is equivalent to arriving in paradise! As soon as the ferry landed at the resort dock, we knew that we were in for the experience of a lifetime. We were met by Rita, who made the check in process a breeze and gave us a brief tour of the gorgeous facilities while we were cooling off and de-stressing with a rum punch in hand! The general manager was also there to greet us (and send us off when we departed)! A very thoughtful touch.
Being that the resort is very small, we had some concerns when we saw that a corporate group was checking in at the same time with us. Rita assured us that it was a relatively small group and that it shouldn’t be a concern. Rita, and her wonderful fellow employee Melinda, followed up with us throughout our stay to make sure that we weren’t bothered, and advised us where the group functions would be occurring so if we wished, we could plan on spending our time elsewhere.
The service throughout the resort is impeccable. The employees ask your name and then remember it each and every time they greet you. Every single employee, without exception, genuinely cares that you are having a wonderful time, and that you are not wanting for anything. As an example, one day I left a note in our room asking if they had any chocolate chip cookies. I was expecting a small bag of Chips Ahoy! When we returned, we were left a beautiful tray of homemade cookies wrapped in cellophane with a ribbon! The next day, more cookies were waiting in the room! As another example, the night before we were leaving, a note was left in our room saying that if we wanted a lunch packed for our trip the next day, to contact the front desk. I called them and asked what was available. They told me that I could have ANYTHING I wanted. Just let them know and the chef would make it. It is small things like this, that make Jumby Bay so special.
The rooms have every amenity you could ask for. The beds are super comfortable, the rooms are bright and spacious and the outdoor garden shower and bathtub are a rare treat. We stayed in a beachside courtyard suite. These rooms are desirable since you are steps away from the blue sea. Bicycles are provided for each room, which is a nice touch and enable you to easily explore the island!
The beach and pool service were the best we have ever experienced. Amenities are brought to you almost hourly…smoothies, frozen drinks, hot finger foods and fresh fruit. Franka, one of the beach staff employees came by daily to check in to make sure our vacation was everything we wanted it to be.
The term “All-Inclusive” is given a new definition at Jumby Bay. The dining venues and food choices were diverse and outstanding. We have eaten at some of the best restaurants in New York City and thought that the food at Jumby Bay was equal to, or better than, many of these restaurants. There are specials every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner so you would not tire of the menu. The Estate House is a very romantic restaurant with impeccable service. Our server Melissa, was one of the most charming individuals we met during our stay. Her service was warm and welcoming. Her knowledge of the menu and enthusiasm in presenting it, made you want to order one of each item (which at Jumby Bay, would not be a problem)! You felt like you were a treasured guest in her home.
We had to rack our brains to come up with any criticism. The only minor quibble is that the internet service is spotty. In the room, we had to sit on the bed to receive it. Around the resort, we found that the only place to receive it was by the reception area.
This is a small price to pay for the overall experience however.
The “can-do” attitude of the staff is evidenced throughout the entire resort. Every single employee appears to know the value of their guests and genuinely care that you feel pampered and extra special. Tipping is not encouraged and it is obvious that the employees are catering to you not for the tip that you might provide. If I could go to one resort for the rest of my life, Jumby Bay would be my choice. Sure it’s expensive, but every dollar is well spent at Jumby Bay! If you can, by all means go and experience it for yourself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 300-acre private island located just two miles off the coast of Antigua, Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort casts a spell of serene enchantment. A naturalist's haven that plays host to a variety of wildlife a midst the tropical foliage and pristine, white sand beaches, this all-inclusive hideaway is recognized world-wide as a private island resort paradise. With 40 luxurious resort rooms and suites, and a host of privately owned residences, Jumby Bay's exemplary hospitality is something that has long been lauded by the Caribbean's most discerning travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jumby Bay, a Rosewood Hotel St. John`s
- Jumby Bay Antigua
- Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort Antigua/Saint John Parish