“One on One with Elmo!”

Luxury Safari Antigua
More attraction details
Owner description: Elmo's Luxury Safari offers you an informative,historical and personalized experience traveling around Antigua. With over twelve years of touring experience,elmo's daughter herself will be your guide on this exciting journey, as you travel in air conditioned comfort, making stops that will give you a taste of our local culture, good cuisine, scenic views, history and more.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The day of our trip, my girlfriend was ill, so Elmo & I embarked on our tour alone...Elmo is a wonderful guide, passionate about his island & its history & very personable! I really enjoyed seeing Betty's Hope & reading about the sugar cane industry that once dominated the island of Antigua. I do hope that with more funding that the museum will be able to expand & a small replica of the farm can be made. We stopped at Devil's Bridge, a beautiful rock formation on the Atlantic coast! On our way, we came to a stray dog, whose "owner" had left by the side of the road & taken a ride with a friend. After much coaxing, I was able to pick up the dog, out of a mud puddle no less,& take him into our vehicle, & then drive a few miles down the road to where the dog lives! I was so glad Elmo loves dogs like I do & wanted to keep him safe from other cars! We returned to my resort so I could change out of muddy clothes & wipe down his car seats, then continued on our journey. Nelsons Dockyard was quiet, being low season, though I wish I would have known that you can hike out to Fort Berkley...so if interested, bring appropriate shoes & ask for an extended time there! We stopped for a taste of black pineapple at a road stand. Delicious!! In St. John, instead of shopping, I went into the local pharmacy to take a peak.... I am a pharmacist in the U.S., so always interested in foreign pharmacies! I brought home a garlic,fenugreek, anise, ginger, cayenne, basil, cinnamon, cloves, lemon grass & brown sugar syrup, used for high blood pressure, circulation & cholesterol among other things! We stopped at a local restaurant off the beaten track for lunch. The owner was very accommodating to my gluten free eating! We didn't stop at Shirley Heights as I had been there for the Sunday night sunset celebration. We did stop by the beach & I did take a short swim! It was a wonderful day! I would highly recommend a tour with Elmo to see the island!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The day we spent with Elmo (Fitz) touring Antigua was a definite highlight of our first visit to the Island. Give the mass market tour operators a miss and take advantage of the personal and tailored service provided by Fitz. We had already seen a couple of the standard stop-off points such as Devil's Bridge, so Fitz took us to some other sights on our way around the island.
Along the way, Fitz passed on a wealth of local and historical background info which really added to the whole experience.
Lunch at a truly authentic Caribbean local restaurant was fantastic, as was stopping off for some fresh pineapple on Fig Tree Drive.

Above all, Fitz was charming company for the day and really wanted us to gain maximum enjoyment from the tour. Look no further for your day tour when visiting Antigua!

Nick & Debbie W, June 2013

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed at the Verandah first time to Antigua needed to see the island .Elmo was our guide what a fascinating and interesting guy very knowledgeable a really great day.If you do go on the tour you must have a chat with Carla first bar stop on the other side of the island Taste a fresh pineapple and good local lunch.Don,t miss the opportunity.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at the resort The Verandah (my son and my daughter-in-law) and I took this tour hoping to see the landscape and buy some souvenirs. Boy, was I wrong! What fun we had with our guide, Elmo. What amazing guy!... He knows his island and share with us the beauty and history of it, answering all of your questions and dining us with a typical Carribean lunch (which was included in the price). If you ever stay at La Verandah or anywhere in Antigua, choose this tour and ask to have Elmo as guide. you will not regret it. We had FUN! This tour was the most enjoyable three hours of my life!

Maggie, Karl and Karen