“Don't bother...”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Beach Bar
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Called here today by chance for a cold drink. Looked at the menu which seemed good and reasonably priced. When I asked if they were open in the evening, I was told "reservations only" and the waitress walked away! No option if WE would like to make a reservation! So I guess we will spend the next 3 weeks looking for something a little friendlier...

1  Thank lizzy005
glanville t, Owner at Turners Beach Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

we deeply regret this less than memorable experience and have fully investigated this matter.
you intimated that you will be on the island for the next three weeks and wish to extend an open invitation to visit us as our guest if you feel so inclined,we would be more than happy to meet with you.
yours

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Value for money restaurant right on the beach, wonderful view over the bay with the island of Monserrat on the horizon

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I was there with my wife for lunch today. It is a beach restaurant so I did not expect Michelin food or service, the place has an open concept, fabulous view of the ocean? We ate light shared the Conch fritters as an appetizer and the Goat Curry for a. Main course. Both were very good. We were there on not a particularly busy beach day, there were not many clients an we found the service to be relatively quick. I imagine some days when the cruise ships are in that the place may get a bit over run but not when I was there. Would also erect omens the local beer Wamsley? Served in ice cold glasses, just the thing for a hot day on the beach.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Pleasant looking beach bar, brief but adequate menu, service unbelievably slow, only five tables occupied but took 3 quarters of an hour to get one course. Others waited over an hour.
Won't go back.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I took my family for lunch there, couple of days ago. We made a reservation for 1:30, then arrived on time, no table for us. The place was crowded but they did manage to find us a table in 20 minutes. Then the waitress came, took our order. So far not so bad.
We ordered some drinks, they came.
We waited 1H45 minutes for our food and decided to leave, hungry and disappointed.
On days like this one, with a lot of people, make sure you have sufficient and efficient staff! It was a disaster, We finally left to find a wonderful quiet place on the same beach, couple of miles away, called Darkwood Beach Bar and restaurant.