“Loveley location on Runaway Beach”
Review of La Bussola Restaurant - MOVED

La Bussola Restaurant
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: La Bussola have relocated to the site of the old Tides Restaurant on the beachfront at Dutchman's Bay. You will not be disappointed by this versatile venue offering a welcoming dining room with plenty of character and charm, two breezy, open-plan verandahs, with relaxed seating areas all surrounded by lush tropical gardens set against an Atlantic Ocean backdrop. Family-run by brothers, Chef Omar and Host Cristian Tagliaventi who grew up in the Umbrian countryside of Italy. Their passion ensures every dish is prepared with the spirit of authentic Italian cooking and culture. La Bussola serves only the finest meats and seafood, freshest vegetables, and bread that is baked daily on the premises. The good value à la carte lunch and dinner menus mix tradition with innovation. Classic Calamari with homemade Marina sauce, Beef Tenderloin Carpaccio with fresh spinach and Parmesan and Beef Scaloppini with lemon sauce sit side by side with Caribbean inspired Lionfish fillet with cherry tomatoes and Lobster Thermidor. They are the first restaurant in Antigua to have lionfish on the menu year round. The informal pizza menu served for lunch and dinner continues to win many fans who repeatedly tuck into thin and crispy, hand-stretched, stonebaked Italian pizzas and calzones. Amongst guests favourites are the Badia topped with grilled chicken, sweet peppers and garlic sauce and the meat-eaters paradise The Spada - topped with ham, pepperoni, Italian sausage and chicken. With a fantastic, fun atmosphere, the bar at La Bussola is second to none. It possesses one of Antigua's largest bar collections, with of over 300 spirits and liqueurs from all around the world. Not to be outdone, their cosmopolitan wine list features over 100 wines, champagnes and sparkling wines specialising in a diverse regional range from Italy. The new restaurant is the perfect location for private events, corporate parties, and intimate social gatherings with functional seating arrangements which can accommodate up to 100 persons. The friendly team await your visit soon
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Loveley location on Runaway Beach”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Lovel, y welcome from owner, lovely setting,however the food was only average and the service was poor with two pretty unfriendly waitresses.

Visited March 2013

Barrie, Canada
“food pretty good but service horrible”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Simply put food good but service horrible. Basically we were ignored and it was a table of nine of us.

• Visited March 2013
“Nice italian restaurant”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Very good quality food. Good pasta. tiramisu and wine. Is not cheap but a decent deal, value for money-wise

Visited February 2013
Troy
“nice restaurant”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

best lamb chops I've ever eaten! good food, extensive menu. Only downside was they wouldn't split the bill up for our group. Despite that, we'd go back.

Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“Mediocre food, horrible owner”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Recently my wife and I stayed nearby La Bussola and decided to pass on traditional cuisine one night for Italian. We ordered a pizza and pasta and both were mediocre- nothing special but fine considering we were on a Caribbean Island. When we got our check I noticed an $11 additional fee. I asked our fantastic waitress Nicole what the charge was and she said it was for the bottled water. I went up to pay for the bill and asked an Italian man, who I later found out was the owner, Cristian (I believe), why the water was so expensive- basically just a few dollars less than the pizza. He immediately got defensive and said it was imported and the price is on the menu. I told him I did not see the price (still don't know where the price is on that menu), but suggested he let people know that the only water available was imported Italian water for this price. Since there are no alternatives and you can't drink tap water on the island, I felt this was a fair suggestion. He got extremely angry, rude, and dismissive saying something ridiculous about it being comparable to the prices in San Marco square in Venice (where water is the most expensive in the world, right?). How can he compare his restaurant to San Marco square in Venice and why can't he provide simple bottled water for less cost, and further more, why doesn't he alert his guests that $11 will be the charge to drink water in his restaurant? The reason is because he is a crook and ended up giving me my one bad experience in wonderful Antigua.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Scott R
LabussolANU, Owner at La Bussola Restaurant, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
I took my time in answering this review because i truly believe in respect and education, a smile open all doors and usually fix things fast.
in this very case the reviewer was the complete opposite, claiming he was an "expert" in eating out came to the bar with arrogance complaining for the water for which not only the price is well listed,but I guess a professional eater doesn't look at prices.......
as all our customers now, if you need some water, we would happily serve you some spring water from the house, but we are not serving tap as is sanitary not safe as the water tank we use is close to the beach.
on top of that, for the guests staying in the property next door, especially as soon as they come, since they may have not had the time to shop for the apartments, we usually provide a free bottle at least for the night.
that was not being able to be explained to the man, that started accusing me personally of robbing him, I found that not only disrespectful and not educated,but also sign of the ignorance and low class level of the person.
Before you start calling somebody crook you should seriously rethink of the term in English, look at yourself in the mirror, and start saying it out loud at yourself.
And posting lies about how much you paid the water just shows how bad minded this review was.