“Very comfortable, Genuine hosts”

LambLion Holiday Apartments
Roanoke Island, North Carolina
“Very comfortable, Genuine hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

I was delighted and pleased with my month's stay at Lamblion Apts. Mr. and Mrs. Walker attended to my every request and need with a genuine and positive spirit. They are so willing to share info and history of the island. I appreciated the trip to the grocery store for provisions, a drive to several appointments, an efficient and quiet AC and the beautiful flowers everywhere! Critical points for me were: internet access (it helps that Mr. Walker is a computer specialist!) and the need to feel safe and secure as a women traveling alone. I had purchased a cell phone in St. John's and Mr. Lionel was always 'on call' 24/7 for any questions or concerns. Great month, great apt, great honest sincere hosts!

Room Tip: lovely rooms on ground floor if stairs are a problem.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Janet J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed with the Walker clan for a week in late Feb and have to say it was a ronseal occasion... for those of you who dont know it "does what it says on the tin" . From arrival to departure was made to feel like part of the family with no request to big. Hosts, accomodation and location were just what i wanted, clean, no fuss, and authentic Antiguan! Can speak highly enough of them, will certainly return.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank GOH10
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

I spent two nights here (17th and 18th of April) with 2 of my classmates. It was awesome and the owner (Lionel) showed us around. Lionel picked us up from the airport and took us to a grocery store and then to Burger King which was recently opened around 2 weeks ago. The rooms are big and were comfortable. I would recommend this stay to anyone and to everyone. It is right on the center of the island. However, for transportation it's easier to call a taxi. He told us how to navigate using the bus system but we were crunched for time. Lastly, I reserved a 2 bedroom place and it was taken when I made my reservation. To accommodate us, Lionel gave us 2 rooms and it was very nice of him. His wife and him are very nice people and great hosts. I might stay there again in December.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Steve C
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

While searching for a place to stay in Antigua on the internet, I came across this place Lamblion Guest Apartment, I must say that our stay at Lamblion was a very enjoyable one,Mr and Mrs Walker are very genuine people who goes the extra mile to make sure that their guests are comfortable, the apartment was clean and nice a home away from home.I want to tell Mr Lionel and Lorilyn Walker, many,many thanks for this experience, We will be coming back soon to see you both, and we will share our experience with our friends and recommend Lamblion Apartment to our friends also as a place to vacation or do business
Thanks again,
The Small's

Room Tip: "Corner room are large and sunny
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JUDS365
Dereham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

We have visited Antigua virtually every year since 2004, and have yet to see anywhere else that can beat the '' LambLion Guest Apartments '' for all round value for money and service, and we have always appreciated the consistently genuine and friendly hospitality of '' Lionel & Lorilyn ''.
These Apartments situated in a quiet and peacefull location are an excellent choice for the budget conscious Traveler on an extended Vacation or Business trip.
I would also recommend hiring a Car as part of the package, as this will enable you to access virtually anywhear on the Island within about 20 minuets.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank paulh171
Amsterdam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2011

My wife and I found Lamblion Apts on the internet and decided to take a chance. We were pleased with our stay. We had a comfortable, clean, roomy one bedroom apartment at a very reasonable cost, which allowed us to stay on the island for three weeks. Our hosts were friendly and helpful. they were also able to rent us a car for our stay. (We met a couple on our flight to Antiqua who were staying at one of the all-inclusive resorts. It was costing them, for a five day stay, the same it was costing us for three week including the rental car.

The complex is still under contruction, which the owners plan to have completed by July 2011. It will then have eleven apartments, on three floors. This is not a place to stay if you need an ocean view, but it was an easy drive to many beaches and St. Johns. During out stay we got to meet other guests from Canada, St. Vincent, Grenada and Poland, which we found to be a travel plus.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jama1991
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

I chose Angigua for my mom-daughter vacation. Since I need to be on a special diet, I searched for an apartment with kitchen access. Plus, I hate all inclusive resorts full of tourists. This is how I came across Lamblion. I am so glad I did!!! It's a great pick for many reasons. First, the owner, Lionel, is a great host. He has this amazing ability to make you feel at home right away. He is relaxed, easy going but very caring and helpful. He goes out of his way to make sure his guests are happy at all times. He will help you plan your stay so that you can get the most of your vacation. He is also happy to share information about the island and will answer every question.
Second, the apartments though not luxurious are very clean, nicely decorated and quiet. And of course, as other people mentioned, you can't beat the price. If you have a budget, this is very important.
Third, staying at Lamblion will give you the opportunity to really get to know the island. Its location in the middle of the island makes it necessary to get a bus or rent a car and drive to various parts of the island. We did both and thought it was so much more fun than just sitting at one beach in the resort.
In short, thumbs up!!!

Ellen Bay Cottages
Ellen Bay Cottages
#1 of 2 in Saint Philip
Jolly Beach Resort & Spa

Been to LambLion Holiday Apartments? Share your experiences!