“great local fare”

Millers By the Sea
Ranked #49 of 102 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“great local fare”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Food was great ; their menu caters for every one.Ask your tour guide to take you there, its right on the beach so you can have a great meal and a swim.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank MaddieB

Toronto, Canada
“Great little spot on the beach”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

This seems a bit out of the way....it's at the end of Bay Road and the closest thing to it is Caribbean Helicopters, but that is part of the charm. We were here for breakfast with only a few other people and a great ocean view. The service was friendly, coffee was great as was our French Toast, and fresh fruit. I likely wouldn't have dinner here but for early morning breakfast or a casual meal...the service, value and great views can't be beat...

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank terrill03
CT
“Monday night - it was us and one other couple”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

What a great dinner on the beach. The ceasar salad was one of the best I've ever had and the garlic conch was terrific. My wife's snapper was very good, though it was sauteed rather than grilled. Very reasonably priced.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank eagvent
Syracuse, New York
“Good location and good curried conch”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We had lunch and dinner here. Food was good (especially the baked chicken, it was fall off the bone and well seasoned). The curried conch was very good as well and was served with rice. Rum punches were excellent and the place is reasonably priced as well. As with any other place on the island the service is painfully slow, but we didn't care being on vacation. I'd go back if we visit the island again.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Cuseconnection
“Mmm Mmm Good!”
Reviewed May 9, 2010

I ate at this restaurant in St. Lucia. We booked this fun segway tour (Conquerors of the Fort) with Juliet from Segway of Antigua and got the lunch package (Option B) which included a seafood meal with 2 drinks. After the segway tour, the lunch was at Millers By The Sea. We had a choice of fish or shrimp or lobster. Our party of four chose the Lobster with Rice and peas and vegetables. Let me tell you - YOU MUST GET THE LOBSTER THERMADOR!!!! (sp?) It is so good!!! (See Pictures attached) You have the option of getting your lobster cooked 4 different ways, but, I cant remember what they are.
For our 2 drinks we got a Pineapple/Strawberry Daiquri and they were GREAT! We got ours virgin-style - but, these were the best daiquiris we've had in all of the Caribbean!
As for the atmosphere: It's on the beach...our view of the water was semi-blocked by a volleyball net - but, it's still beautiful. They have fans circulating for air - we weren't hot at all (which is a big concern of ours when at the Caribbean). They play good music too while you eat. One of our fellow "segwaynians" didnt get the lunch option with the tour - and he came over to our table and said, "Man! I wish I wouldve got the Lunch Option, I ate a hotdog!!! and when I saw your food pass by me - I was like S%!*!!!!" LOL
Service was good - the waiter was friendly and actually recommended the Lobster Thermidor...Refilled our daiquiris...and the wait for our food wasn't too long.
Overall, I recommend the segway tour with "Segways of Antigua" (ask for Juliet) and make sure you get Lunch Option B!
If you dont book a segway tour, still go to Millers By The Sea and get the Lobster Thermidor - I think the meal comes out cheaper (only by a few bucks) if you go through Segway of Antigua.

1 Thank jackieskee