“What A Gem”

Book In Advance
More Info
$140.00*
and up
Creole Antigua Tours Snorkel- Lobsterlunchcruise...
Ranked #8 of 97 Tours in Antigua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our award winning combination of small intimate groups, relaxed laidback vibe and the personal service of our local family run business has made us one of Antigua's top rated tours. We will take you to secluded Islands where you will have the chance to snorkel colourful reefs abundant with vibrant fish. Enjoy a delicious home made Lobsterlunch on the beach and indulge in old fashioned rumpunch or any of the other drinks from our bar.
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We visited Antigua the first week of July 2012 and decided to book this tour from a vendor working Jolly Beach. Booking was simple, a phone call, some cash, and a receipt along with a time to meet Glen in Jolly Harbour the next day.

One note, the large boat normally used for this tour was out of the water for scheduled maintenance the week we were there (as were many of the dive boats...its what happens in low season, no big deal to us) so we were informed while booking the tour that we would be on a smaller runabout type boat approx 30'. No big deal.

We showed up at the dock at the appointed time and Glen and his first mate were already there as were the other 6 guests that would be accompanying us on our trip. We were briefed about where we were going and what we would do. Due to the smaller boat we were informed that if the seas were to rough we would go to Prickley Pear Island instead of Bird Island. But we would make that decision as a group when we saw how the seas were in that area.

The ride over was great, Glen did a great job of showing us all the sights along the way and on the west side of the island the waters were calm and we made great time. The waters on the north and east sides of the island were pretty rough due to a brisk wind. We made our way through the rougher seas heading to Bird Island and it was decided that it was rougher than some liked so we would just go to Prickley Pear Island.

Soon we arrived at Prickely Pear Island and made our way onto the beach which was very small but very nice. There is a covered area with picinic benches and grills for cooking so Glen got the lobster going on the grill while his first mate took some of the group on a guided snorkeling tour.

The snorkeling was just marginal in my opinion with a max depth of about 6 ft and mostly elkhorn coral. But I did find a nice school of squid/cuddle fish that allowed me to get some great closeup shots with my camera, so it was a fruitful venture.

After snorkeling and just playing around in the turquoise waters lunch was served. The lobster was awesome. I have had my share of caribbean lobster and new what to expect but for some reason this was the best I've had and I think it was better than most of the Atlantic Maine lobster I've has as well. My wife agreed that Glen did a great job of cooking it and she still raves about how good it was. Along with the lobster there was salad, potato salad, and pasta salad. All of these were delicious as well. We were very satisified with the meal it exceeded our expectations. Did I mention the lobster was awesome?

After luch was done we snorkeled on our own again for awhile and just enjoyed the beauty of this little slice of heaven called Prickely Pear Island. My B-I-L and I ventured up to the top of the rocks to find a large amount of seagulls. Quite a site and we wondered if we would get back down the hill without getting bombed if you know what I mean. Fortunately we managed to avoid that and proceeded back to the beach without incident. It was cool seeing all of the birds up there in their element even though I typically despise seagulls.

After a bit Glen announced it was time to move on to see some starfish. We headed abit further south and Glen showed us the lavish homes on Long Island and then dropped achor at Maiden Island to see the starfish. And see starfish we did. They were everywhere on the in the shallows of a very white sandy bottom. I've only seen more at Waterlemon beach on St John in the USVI. After about a half hour of starfish heaven we weighed anchor and started the journey back.

Glen pointed out some more sites along the way and before we knew it we were entering Jolly harbour. We were sad that the day was coming to an end but knew we had just experienced a day that we would remember for a long time to come.

Mike in Tulsa

in 8 reviews
"jolly harbour"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This trip was one of the best day trips that we have ever been on. Captain Glen and his crew are a brilliant combination. We were collected from the beach at our hotel and although it was raining, Captain Glen assured us that the sun would soon shine. As usual he was correct and within 15 minutes, the clouds had cleared and we were enjoying a fast boat trip, to our own "private island". Those who did not want to snorkel were left on the island, to relax and watch lunch being prepared. The rest of us, including my wife who had never snorkelled before, we're taken on a short trip to a nearby reef. Safe, enjoyable snorkelling and back for lunch. Lobster, chicken or freshly caught fish were on the menu. All the food was expertly cooked on a large BBQ and constant refills of beer or wine were always on tap.
A stroll round the island and sail back to our hotel beach, after another short snorkelling stop.
Captain Glen and his crew are generous hosts and fun, laughter, excellent food and a good day out are the order of the day.
Creole Cruises are a must, for anybody wanting to experience the best.
We can only apologise that it has taken from February 2012 to post this review.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

When booking a cruise, with a stop in Antigua, I decided to side step the excursion planning on board and book my own. While surfing the net, I came across the Lobster Lunch Cruise by Creole Cruises. It intrigued me and I pursued booking it for my daughter and me.

We were to meet the boat very close the the ship but we missed the alley. When we got to the dock, much to our chagrin the boat had left the dock and was all the way down to the end of the cruise ship. One of the other captain's at the dock radioed Captain Glen and he turned around and came back for us. The boat is a perfect size and there were about 20 or so of us, together with the captain and 2 crew members. Nothing better than than riding in a boat, with crystal clear water and great regional music playing.

Our first stop was the island where we were going to have lunch. Beautiful cove with a white sandy beach & Glen dropped off the crew to prepare the lobster lunch. Then we proceeded to Bird Island where we did our first snorkeling. Incredibly clear water and beautiful fish I had never seen before. I was the last one to get back on the boat.

Upon our return, the tables were set up, the lobster cookng, the salads out and any kind of refreshment you could think of were ready for us. We swam after lunch and some people took a hike to the top of the island. There was no hurry and the whole experience felt very relaxed.

After we left the island, we headed to the Starfish Garden for another snorkeling adventure. Of all my snorkeling trips around the world, this was the very most unique thing I have ever experienced. We got to a wall of shells and when we entered the water, there was a white, sloping bank to the bottom of the sea. I call it a shell bank. There was every shell and coral you have ever seen in this under ocean beach. I found starfish, crabs and very small creatures of all kinds. It was totally amazing! Again, I was the last one back on the boat again

Upon talking to Glen on the way back, he told me he has never worked with the cruise lines because they take 1/2 of the fee. The $130, paid online, was discounted 10%. This is a small business, owned by Glen and his wife Katja. They have been doing this for years and it shows, as it is fine tuned and an excellently run business.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We did the Creole Cruise Lobster Lunch Snorkel in July 2012 and had a great time. It was easy to find the boat in Jolly Harbour and you can tell that they are an organized group.
Mario and his crew make sure everyone is safe and has a good time.
The boat was comfortable, the lunch was awesome on a deserted little island,the views were terrific and we were able to see the west coast of Antigua from the water.
We had a very nice group with us too. I would certainly recommend it and would do it again!