Review Highlights
we will be back !

At the beginning of this review I want to state " WITHOUT A DOUBT, WE WILL RETURN TO THIS... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
moocDundas_Canada
dundas, canada
Oh stop your whinging and grow up!

This is our second trip here and we are still here having a lovely time for the next 10 days. This... read more

Reviewed October 20, 2018
marisat732
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Antigua
from $50.00
from $140.00
from $120.00
from $60.00
More Info
All reviews eden beach rex resort naturist beach own private great island cruise port beaches clothing caribbean chairs sea taxi water sunbeds sand waves
Reviewed September 25, 2014

I stayed at Hawksbill this September for 3 nights (I know, wished it was 3-0). I'm not usually an all-inclusive type of person but travelling alone, I wanted to make sure that I was staying somewhere safe. Also, I didn't want to have a busy holiday, in fact I just wanted to lie on a beach for 3 days and not have to lift a finger or interact with anyone. What attracted me to the resort was the choice of 4 beaches - and they did not disappoint! All the beaches were clean and quiet - great if you want to sunbathe or do a bit of snorkelling... or just have a snooze. September is also a quiet time of year (hurricane season, not that I experienced any) so there were probably only 30 or so people staying at the resort, if that. Other guests tended to be older (retirement age) and there were a couple of younger honeymooning couples.

I chose to stay in a beach bungalow which was literally yards away from the beach.There was no air conditioning in my bungalow but there were ceiling fans. Although it was 30+ degrees during the day, I found that the fans sufficed, even through the night. For some odd reason, there was no main ceiling light, just a large lamp and desk light, so the lighting was a little ambient in the evenings! The bathroom was basic and clean, I had a problem with my shower (it basically dribbled) but someone fixed it straight away.

The food was good but be prepared to share it with the birds. I acquired a few pets whilst I was out there (including a gecko). The dining areas are all outdoors (covered) and the birds are quite persistent. Some of the chairs and tables had been pooped on - so beware of where you sit. Otherwise, food was pleasant and I enjoyed it though some guests thought the menu was a bit restricted. There was a barbecue night where there was a steel pan band playing whilst you ate - fab entertainment! Oh, mosquitos - don't forget your spray!

The inclusive facilities included snorkelling, pedalo-ing, and various other sports. I also opted to have a massage whilst there (why not?!) but found the booking procedure a bit confusing. Best thing is to enquire at the reception desk or activities booking desk and note that payment is made direct to the masseuse in cash or cheque - not card.

The main reason why I've given Hawksbill 4/5 is because of the lovely staff. They were all approachable, friendly and up for a natter. They made me feel at home and well looked after and were even a little concerned as to why I was there by myself! I agree with others that the resort is a little run down and to be honest, if I hadn't had found a special deal and paid a fairly low rate, I would have been quite disappointed (with my accommodation, not the service or the beaches). However, bear in mind that Hawksbill is one of, if not the oldest resort on the island. It has an old-time charm about it which I think is quite unique. Overall, it wasn't a bad stay!

Date of experience: September 2014
9  Thank CWang288
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Booked with aircanada vacations. Was picked up at airport. Friendly receptionist. Bags carried to room #79. Room basic and comfortable. Water drought on and had 3 occasions of no water til morning. Location peaceful. Beach ideal. Food plentiful and satisfactory. Drinks endless. Servers all friendly. Plenty of insect choruses at night. Had a good time. Another trip would go for non all inclusive in order to enjoy more of the islands eateries and pubs, of which there are lots. Rented a car at $50/day. Taxis are expensive. Lots of great beaches around the island. Got to visit the galley bay resort next door. Had to pay $122 for an afternoon that included drinks and food! Way too pricey. Nice spot but prefer the hawksbill

7  Thank Ivorys101
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were a little nervous about being nude on a beach, but after only a few mintues we were both comfortable, and my wife even lost her bottoms (which she said she wold never do). We got there in the morning and were the 5th and 6th people there. We walked to the end of the beach and found a nice private spot. the beach was fantastic and the water was nice. there were a few catamarans that came passing by close to shore (probably wanting to give the tourists a taste of nude beach) but if you stayed on your beach chair (which I did not) they wouldn't be able to see too much.

Our taxi driver told the lady at the hawksbill security gate we were just there to use the beach and no problem. we walked through the resort and it was almost empty. a short walk from security to the nude beach. It was great we would go back anytime and now we are looking for our next au natural beach on our next holiday.

Go, you will enjoy, there wasn't anybody there to just gawk, everyone was nude it felt totally safe and everyone respected each other.

Date of experience: October 2013
32  Thank sasktraveler54
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is like stepping back in time to a stunning spot in the Carribean without any of the modern trappings - no TV, no newspapers - just peace and tranquility. Tough days relaxing on a perfect beach, should I have a swim in the clear waters of the Carribean before lunch or maybe wander through the beautiful grounds admiring the stunning views?

Date of experience: June 2013
6  Thank DevonNightOwl
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed on this resort so it was much easier to enjoy them!

The nudist beach is by far my favourite (sigh, for several reasons...)

I'll add a few pictures. I enjoyed them mostly because they were almost deserted.

Date of experience: March 2013