“It's too crowded!”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“It's too crowded!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We are ardent fans of Sandalls, but Dickenson Bay is too much!

Because it is close to St Johns, Dickenson Bay is over-crowded with hotels - and is the drop-off for cruise-ship passengers wanting a nearby beach.

Antigua is unique: it has 365 beaches, so there is no reason for everyone to crowd into Dickenson Bay.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank DavidSturgess

Petersfield, United Kingdom
122 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 177 helpful votes
“Great beach”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We were fortunate enough to stay at a hotel right on this beach, it was beautiful, plenty of sun bebs and shades, there were water sports nearby if you wanted, my son bartered himself 40 minutes on a jet ski and had the time of his life while i watched with a pina colada, perfect.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank RuralRovers
London, United Kingdom
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 142 helpful votes
“Memorable ...”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The atmosphere at Dickenson Bay was fantastic when we arrived, and I've never seen the place so alive. The beach bars were full, the food vendors were kept busy, the heat of the sun was searing; and we just managed to get a couple of sun lounges to relax on.

My partner & I spent most of the day at the bay, swimming, drinking (obligatory), reading and relaxing (a far cry from the hustle & bustle of London - especially with the ongoing 2012 Olympics). Everyone around us were having a whale of a time, with plenty of banter going around. The vibe on Dickenson Bay was palpable.

We were enjoying ourselves so much, that by the time we got up to get something to eat, all the food had run out.

A must visit ... but arrive early!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Chris S
Florida, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“great beach”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

One of the nicest beaches on the island. Very relaxing water, not too wavey and of course you must meet Capt. Nash and take a cruise down the coast of his sail boat... Beautiful excursion and worth every penny.

Visited July 2012
4 Thank john g
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Just another great day.”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Ok, I will try to make this one shirt too. We were on the cruise and Antigua was one of our destinations. Thus we chosed Dickenson Bay and it was great. We stayed there for about 6 hours, rented a jet ski for 1/2 hour. They wanted $65 dollars but I told them that I had only $40, they took it and we had fun for 30 min. It was worth that $40 bucks, trust me even with the waves that they had over there. We also walked from one end to the other, there are few resorts including Sandals on Dickenson Bay. To the right when facing water, there are older condos or some type of coops where older women are not afraid to take of there tops. Not sure it that's good or bad experience, I let you decide. Drinks are good and priced same as any other beach/bay on the island. Food, didn't have any. One advice, when renting jet skis they have lockers where they take your items and store them for you so my advice is to bring a ziplock bag and put all your items- wallet, gold, watch and cellphones in it and have it on you or put it in the jet skis storage compartment. Just don't forget take it back. Maybe it is just me, but I never trust locals and vendors. You decide what to to and what's best for you and your family. Wherever you go, keep in mind that you are a foreigner and someone might be watching you.

Visited November 2011