“Great day with the rays....”
Review of Stingray City

and up
Island Safari and Stingray Fantasy Antigua
Ranked #2 of 94 Tours in Antigua
More attraction details
Owner description: Your Stingray City Antigua Snorkel Adventure will be the highlight of your vacation, and an experience that will live with you forever. Our Southern Rays are without doubt The Brightest Rays in the Caribbean, very friendly and gentle. Come and enjoy with us this unique experience of interacting and feeding a Stingray, together with snorkelling amongst magnificent coral reefs and colourful tropical fish.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Fort Worth, TX
117 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 251 helpful votes
“Great day with the rays....”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

.....lots of fun for the adults and the kids. The experience was great and worth the $50 per person. The staff was very helpful and encouraging to those that were not ready to be so up close and personal with the "eager puppies" (as my wife called them). The kids had a great time too. Good fun for all. :-)

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Eric P

Yeovil, United Kingdom
192 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 432 helpful votes
“Best thing I did in a week in Antigua”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

THis was wonderful. The safety was papamount. Firstly they made sure no cruise ships were in when we booked. The two of us (in our 50s) were on our own in the speedboat with the staff and only one other tourist was there. I loved every minute although being frightened at the start. They are beautiful gentle creatures. Keep your thumb in when you feed them. Nice changing rooms. Rum punch at the end. I loved every minute. Official photos were reasonably priced

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Linda H
kjtraveler2008
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Really fun and different excursion”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We did stingray city in Antigua and had a great time. The staff that works there are warm, fun and really patient. You take a boat out and then swim w/ stingrays, snorkel, and then have free rum jungles once you get back. The one think I'd recommend is if you are a tad bit apprehensive, wait for the commotion to calm down prior to jumping in water. At first the rays are very excited and all over the place but eventually they calm down and are very tranquil. You'll enjoy it more if you wait to get in the water.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank kjtraveler2008
Atlanta, Georgia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Do Not Miss! This is the coolest thing ever for kids and adults!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We did this as part of a tour with Gordon Tours. We had six kids and seven adults and all but two kids and one adult wanted to do this. We got there before most of the cruise ship passengers did because we booked a tour outside of the ship (recommended). This also gave us extra time that the cruise ship passengers didn't get! They have some animals in cages on shore (monkeys, birds etc.) and some vendors selling bags and stuff from Antigua. You hop into a motor boat and they take you on a 5 minute ride out to a shallow spot in a small bay. It's roped off and has a large dock, so even if you don't want to get in the water with the rays, you can still get a cool experience watching family/friends swim with them (my mom who doesn't swim did this and took great photos). The water ranges from mid chest deep by the dock (I'm 5'7") to thigh deep, so it's acceptable for kids. The rays are expecting you, so they come swarming up as soon as the boats arrive. The boat operators bring plenty of squid and let you feed the rays if you want. They also form a line and take souvenir photos for $15/p (either a print or a CD) which are a perfect keepsake! Even though there were lots of people out there, we didn't feel crowded. If you want to, they have live coral reefs (waist deep) to snorkel and we saw flounders, baby rays and lots of pretty fish. I just wish we had been able to spend more time out there! It was a fabulous time and if I return to Antigua, I'll plan on going again.

Be aware that younger kids may get freaked out because there are so many rays, my 8yr old daughter was okay with a few, but when there were 10-15 large rays around her, she freaked. Thankfully she could sit on the dock. This attraction isn't cheap, so make sure that before you get into the water, you are okay with that many rays around your feet. No worries on injuries though, they are really tame and one of the operators actually held a ray and let my scared child stroke it and even name it. You have GOT to go here and do this, it was even more fun than the same experience I had in Bora Bora :-)

Visited July 2013
1 Thank friendlygardens
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent tour!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I was amazed how close I was able to view these amazing creatures. I would recommend this tour. The crew were very helpful and we were able to take a photo with a stingray.

Visited June 2013