“Enjoyable trip”

and up
Island Safari and Stingray Fantasy Antigua
Ranked #2 of 92 Tours in Antigua
More attraction details
Owner description: Your Stingray City Antigua Snorkel Adventure will be the highlight of your vacation, and an experience that will live with you forever. Our Southern Rays are without doubt The Brightest Rays in the Caribbean, very friendly and gentle. Come and enjoy with us this unique experience of interacting and feeding a Stingray, together with snorkelling amongst magnificent coral reefs and colourful tropical fish.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 12, 2013

It was great to see these amazing creatures so close up. We enjoyed the boat trip and the guys were really friendly.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We went to Stingray City as part of an all day circumnavigation tour. It is an excellent stop and a great experience. The area of the island that Stingray City is located is beautiful, and the setup for interacting with the Stingrays was really cool. You simply stand in the shallow water and the stingrays will come right to you. You can also snorkel in this area to see both stingrays and other fish. The two photos they take are priceless. The stingrays are huge and can be a little intimidating. I was wishing someone would better explain why we were safe and Steve Irwin wasn't, but I was thrilled with the experience.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

It was amazing to be allowed to get so close to these beautiful creatures and interact with them in their natural habitat. We loved that they were not penned in at all and they were free to come and go from the ocean as they pleased (although they keep coming back because they like to be fed and are clearly social creatures. My husband and I got to hold one and they took our picture. Afterwards they show you the two pictures they took and if you are interested in buying them, you can email them when you return home from your trip and for $15 USD they will send you the pic. We did this and it turned out great! Be sure to bring your waterproof camera as well! They were a great group of people, very professional and the stingrays are clearly cared out there. They gave us a talk about the do's and don't so we were all comfortable before we got in the water with them. This excursion was well worth the money and we highly recommend it to everyone - young and old alike!

1  Thank Karen H
Reviewed May 5, 2013

An excellent half day trip .It was well supervised and at no time do you feel frightend of the sting rays so it is ok for all ages

Reviewed May 3, 2013

My daughter and I visited 'Stingray City' whilst on a cruise holiday. I pre booked in the UK before departure with Thomsons. I think it was £44 per person. My daughter ( 25 )was dubious about getting into the water with the Rays when I booked it, and on the day itself did venture in and have her picture taken. She didnt feel comfortable and got out and watched from the boat .
You arrive at the location and are taken out into the open sea by small boats. The guides are incredably well educated in all you would need to know about these magnifcent creatures. For people with nerves they are amazing they re-assure and show you exactly how to hold the rays and tell you about them. They clearly have an affinity and the fish seem to know them personally and they all seemed to have their favourites. You can feed them small squid but I didnt have the guts to do so but did touch and hold them whilst photos were taken. They provide snorkels so you have a swim around, they take many photos which you can buy when you get back on dry land. But the best thing is , which unlike similar attractions they allow you to take your own photos so there is no pressure to buy theres. They dont rush you and you spend a good deal of time in the water. Its a once in a lifetime experience and although my daughter didnt get ' Down n Dirty' so to speak she did enjoy the experience. Once back on dry land there is a glass or two of rum punch of offer ( very strong ) and some animals , iguanas, monkeys and birds in cages to look at. All in all a great and wonderful experience.

Stingraycityanu, Manager at Stingray City, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for you kind words and we are happy to know that you had a great experience.
We do hope that some day both you and your daughter would visit us again.