“Very good snorkeling, beautiful beach drop”
Review of Wadadli Cats

Wadadli Cats
Rocklin, California
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Very good snorkeling, beautiful beach drop”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My wife and I just cruised there on the Carnival Freedom.
These were out excursions, ranked in order of preference.
1 St Thomas - Captain Nautica's snorkeling trip - very good. Love the turtles good variety of fish. Tie with Tortola for #1 cause Tortola was incredible too but had no turtles.
1 Tortola - Snorkeling adventure, basic but incredible snorkeling. Most variety of fish and great conditions.
3 Antigua - Catamaran Sail & Snorkel - very good, also had beautiful beach drop.
4 Bahamas - nice catamaran, good snorkeling, only problem was they were way behind schedule. Bigger ship but liked Antigua ship/people better.

As fas as the Wadadli Cats went -
Boat was great, got a shady spot down in the middle. Water was choppy but it was a nice reef. We saw a lot of fish, which guides got out and fed to bring in. There were items on sale on the boat but they weren't pushy at all about it. Had snacks (cucumber sandwiches or cheese sandwiches) and drinks (coke, punch, rum punch) afterwards. The beach they dropped us on was totally gorgeous... and it was empty. There were only maybe 6 people on the beach (vendors but we didn't even talk to one of them). Really nice for swimming, etc. I tried snorkeling and took too long. Started finding some stuff out on the right side of the cove when they called us all back. Saw wild goats along the hillside there too.

The boat was nice, it had 2 restrooms, lots of shade and deck seating. I was surprised to see jellyfish this time of year but we did have to watch out for them. The jellies weren't super numerous and the largest was probably only 4 inches but still... thought that was a Fall problem. I did ask one of the guides if they were common but got a dismissive answer, 'whatever, if you see big ones swim away'.

Visited May 2013

Hughesville, MD
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 216 helpful votes
“The excursion is three stars, the crew makes it four stars.”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We booked a catarman snorkel tour through Royal Carribean cruise lines via computer before our cruise. Wadadli Cats is the company that did our tour. We arrived at port, tour reps were very easy to find. We walked to Catarman nearby port terminal. I didn't count, but we probably had about 40 people on our Catarman, six of us among the crowd. The excursion itself is three stars. I did not like the fact that they had each person come to the front of the boat on one side to get their fins, then the other side to get their mask, then to the middle to get the life belt. Seemed like a lot of waking on a rocky boat, trying to maintain your balance. One lady fell into a pile of conch shells they had and cut herself badly on her forearm. The crew did a great job bandaging it up but the point is, the injury could have been prevented if the crew came around and passed out the equipment. The boat had a ladder on the back to enter the water or you could jump off the front of the boat. Some of my friends choose to jump off the front but it was too high for me, so I used the ladder. Where they jumped off the front, there was a very rusty screw projecting up, thankfully, they saw this and did not cut themselves on it. One of my friends dropped their snorkel tube from home in the water off the side of the boat, they gladly let her use on of their tour snorkel tubes. I loved the life belt instead of the vest, frees your arms up to swim better and you don't have the vest riding up your back towards your head. I am on the heavy side, and the belt kept me afloat and I felt safe. The crew remained in the water and let you snorkel at your leisure where you wanted. I did not think the snorkeling was good, not much fish and the coral looked dead. I had a much better snorkeling experience the day before from a beach in St. Kitts (Shipwreck Bar). After snorkeling about 40 minutes, the crew took us to a deserted beach where we could play in the water for about 40 minutes. The beach was not advertised and I felt like it was an added bonus. There were two venders set up at the beach but they did not harrass you. On the return back to the ship, you could have rum punch if you wanted. They offered sandwiches too but I didn't have any. The crew danced and played limbo with you. The crew were very nice and fun, they made the tour four stars - without them it would have been just three stars. One crew member was advertising jewelry he made and t-shirts for sale on the boat. I did purchase a beautiful necklace and matching bracelet for a friend for only $15 for the set. Considering the fun crew and being with friends, we had a good day. If it was just my husband and I, we would go to Valley Church beach instead. No snorkeling at this beach but a very relaxing day - have been here before.

Jersey Shore
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Great time on this Cat”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

7 hour trip around the entire Island. Surf was to rough to be picked up at Jolly Beach. We were guided to Jolly Harbor 5 minutes walk. Lunch was amazing. Drinks strong. Super low tide made for pitiful snorkeling. Fantastic crew. 8-10 ft waves on the Atlantic made the trip for me. Loved it and would do it again.

Windham, New Hampshire
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A Great Sailing Experience!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We went on the Wadadli Cades Reef tour and were picked up from the beach of our hotel (Blue Waters). sailing down the island under sail was fun and informative wildlife and famous people's homes!
At the Reef we each received a float belt and fins, snorkel & a mask. Two snorkel guides came with us and were both very helpful.
The reef itself is in fairly bad shape after the various hurricanes in recent years but it's growing again and that's fascinating to see too. There are many fishes and turtles to see as well.
After snorkeling we went to the beach for a great lunch and swimming. The rum punches and beers were also great on deck as we cruised back to our hotel.
A great day trip and decent value for money.

Seattle, Washington
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wadadli doesn't deliver”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We took Wadadli Cats and did not have a good excursion. A) the snorkleing sucked. Coral is dead. They make you wear a life belt. The swim to the coral is super hard and half our group dropped out and went ashore. Not many fish. B) the PA system was not good so we missed most of what was said. C) no sailing D) the crew was great, food desent. Not worth it.