“ANGUILLA'S EXPERIENCE”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in The Valley
Lloyd's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 The Valley B&B and Inns
St. Thomas
“ANGUILLA'S EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

To get into Anguilla I would recommend the ferry from the french side in Marigot . Their is a ferry departing to Anguilla every hour. The fare is $40.00 each way. Plus their is a departure tax in each direction. Upon arrival in Anguilla the immigration forms must be filled. The forms will be handed to you by a custom officer. After clearing immigraton it is time to check into your place of accomadation. The best way to get around the island is to rent a car at the blowing point. The car rentals are located directly outside after clearing immigration. It is best to rent a car as it makes life much easier . Anguilla is a playground for the rich and famous therefore the prices for taxis are very expensive.

"LLOYD'S BED AND BREAKFAST" Was our choice of stay for our trip. It is in an ok location. The place has a quaint essential vibes to it. Our room was painted in a bright yellow colour. The linens was decent. Their was a few dirty spots on the matilesse bed spread. The room did not smell fresh. It had this odd spell which came from lack of ventilation into the room.

PEOPLE I MUST WARN YOU THAT THE BED I SLEPT ON WAS EXTREMELY HARD. I WOKE UP NEXT DAY WITH MY BACK SORE.

The following morning when we sat to have breakfast we realized that the woman who checked us in was the one in the kitchen preparing the meal. When we checked out she was the one stripping the bed in my room. A very friendly woman and by what we saw hardworking.

The continental breakfast was ok. The highlight was the natural fruit juices we had passionfruit and guava. It was very delicious. We made our way down to Davida's it is truly a great restaurant. Davida's is a must on a trip to Anguilla.

All in all, LLOYD'S BREAKFAST WAS OK IT SERVED ITS PURPOSE. WILL I GO BACK NO.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Oranjestad, Aruba
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed here for 5 days in the summer 2012. We went for a wedding and this was a meet up place for our part of the family. This hotel is really nice and it feels like a home away from home and with almost everybody staying there was family it brought a really nice touch. They have a really nice staff and treated us really nice and served an really nice breakfast. The rooms are really cute and every room has it's own touch, Rooms and areas are clean and well maintained. You will be needing a car to drive around. It's best to rent the car when arriving at the Ferry terminal or airport it's easy to drive around.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Spiet8
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have traveled around the world. Decided to stay there for my 50th Birthday. The staff treated me like I have never been treated before. Asking them where things are on the Island, they didn't know. ask them to get you a cab.They don't have a number. They asked me questions as if I lived there and knew my way around.Got a lot of I don't know!.Be very careful you will not get the rate you see advertised. I had standing water in the shower and mosquitoes in the room that bit me. I left after my second night stay.Ruin my Birthday I don't think I would ever return back to Anguilla because how I was treated a Lloyds Guest House. you are not a guest.

Room Tip: Don't stay there find some other you will be happier.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Kevin H
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We just returned from 10 days on Anguilla (and 3 in St. Maarten). Lloyd's is a centrally located GuestHouse (GH) that served our needs perfectly. While not on a beach, we knew this in advance and had a rental car anyways so we loved being right in the middle of a residential district at the top of Crocus Hill. The staff was amazing, especially Merline and Hosapha, preparing amazing breakfasts for us everyday and going above and beyond in every hospitable way possible. The owner, Vida Lloyd, even met us on our 9th day at the GH to express her thanks for choosing to stay with Lloyd's and we chatted for a few minutes about our visit to the island. I have been to MANY 'tropical' places - Thailand, Venezuela, Trinidad (where I worked on and off for 2 years), St Kitts, Antigua, St Maarten, Barbados, Hawaii, Mexico, Dominican Republic, St Lucia......while they all have their individual charms, Anguilla just stands alone above the rest of them. The perfect blend of amazing friendly generous welcoming people, stunning beaches, perfect weather, world-class food, and a quiet unassuming attitude throughout the island. Take a bow Anguilla - you are world class!....as is Lloyd's GuestHouse. Can't WAIT to go back!! Dean, Michelle, Kealan (6 yrs) and Ainsley (1 year).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank EdmontonOutAndAbout
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I just spend a night here, as it was much easier and cheaper to fly from Anguilla to St Kitts instead of St Maarten at that time. Didn't have a reservation but they had a nice room for me. Very friendly people, very clean and very good breakfast at affordable rates. Ok, it is not on the beach, but it's nice to be staying in a more typical town on Anguilla isn't it? Next time definately will consider this place again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MichaelBurm
Reviewed March 25, 2013

we spent 7 nights at Lloyd's at the end of february. The guest house is very cozy and extremely clean . Rooms are equipped with tv , fan and A/C.
Staff is very friendly,polite and helpfull.
You will need a car to explore the island, but don't worry , no matter about it, because Lloyd's will directly provide you with their own cars.
breakfast is good with fresh fruit, French toast, eggs, pancakes, tea , coffe and juices and is served every morning at a " social table", which allows you to meet the others guests of the B&B,and then exchanging with them opinions , experiences and advices .
prices are affordable and reasonable.
I' sure you will love Lloyd's guest house!!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank fd78
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The very friendly staff at Lloyd's made our stay special and the breakfast was a treat every day. The rooms are clean and comfortable and provided us with a perfect and affordable base to travel to all parts of this beautiful island. The central location is ideal to get to the best beaches on the island as well as shopping and restaurants nearby. Much helpful information was exchanged every morning at the breakfast table and especially the advice and direction from the great staff was very much appreciated. The reservation for our holiday at Lloyd's was made easy by a very helpfull office staff making our stay at Lloyd's trouble free and very enjoyable. If we get the chance to get back to Anguilla we will definately stay at Lloyd's again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in South Hill
Frangipani Beach Resort
Frangipani Beach Resort
#3 of 13 in West End Village

Been to Lloyd's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!