“Great Beachside Restaurant”

Ranked #4 of 52 Restaurants in The Valley
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Roy's is family owned and operated serving good food and good fun for over 30 years! Roy's is a quiet family restaurant located on the tranquil island of Anguilla in the British West Indies. We pride ourselves on the food we serve and the service we provide. We have a spacious bar, beach lounges, an open air dining room on the beach and a an event pavilion for your special events.
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Wonderful restaurant on the bay at Sandy Ground. Good food - especially the Lobster Bisque - and great service. All tables are outdoors and on the beach right next to the Road Bay Port. This is a great spot for casual dining and cold beer. The food is good. Tight parking inside the gate and plenty of parking outside the gate. Not to be missed when in Anguilla.

2  Thank CaribbeanDon

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have to say that I don't like doing bad reviews but this one warrants it. Breakfast in Anguilla isn't all that great to begin with but this was brutal. It was expensive and bland. My husband ordered the Corned Beef hash and eggs with a side of johnny cakes. The hash and the eggs were ok but the johnny cakes were under done. When I mentioned it to the waitress she just shrugged. I think she needs to find a job she likes. Now, to be fair I guess I needed to ask the waitress when I ordered the Anguillan sweet bread French toast what it was. I know French toast as bread dipped in egg and cinnamon and fried crisply and then you can put syrup or whatever on it. What I received for $10 almost made me get up and walk out. I have never done this in a restaurant. There was no point in saying anything to the "waitress". On my plate was 2 pieces of cinnamon bread that had been toasted in a toaster long before I received it as it was cold when it arrived to me and a side of frozen butter. I could have made toast in my room for literally 50 cents! Thank goodness I had ordered a side of bacon. I had an orange juice as well and my husband had a Heineken and the ridiculous total for this joke of a breakfast was $43 with the service charge (which was also a joke). So if you are into handing a restaurant money for free (basically) then I highly recommend you go to this restaurant because they love gouging the tourist.

4  Thank Leahsxm
Reviewed March 29, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by friends of ours. We enjoyed the fish and chips as we watched the sunset. The service was excellent with very friendly and accommodating staff. Our 5 year old with us loved his chicken fingers and fries! We would recommend Roy's to anyone travelling in Anguilla that want a friendly restaurant that is affordable. Although we ate there for dinner, it is also open for breakfast and lunch. The location right on the beach makes it all the more pleasurable. There is also free wi-fi available.

1  Thank Corinne G
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We have been eating regularly at Roy's on Anguilla since it was a bar on Crocus Bay with two tables and the menu was limited to burgers, sautéed snapper, fish-and-chips and lobster. He and Mandy, longtime hostess Joan, and now joined by their daughter, Clair, and her husband, Patrick, provide good food and good service at reasonable (for Anguilla) prices.

Roy's fish and chips is the best I've ever eaten, anywhere. Crispy batter, tender, moist fish and served with great homemade tartar sauce. The Friday night "happy hour" specials have become an institution on the island, especially for ex-pats.

The ambiance remains friendly and informal, with cats wandering around the tables, even though Robert the parrot has retired from active host duties and is no longer on site. The menu is varied, but not pretentious.

A visit to Anguilla has to include a visit to Roy's.

1  Thank mdeup
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Always genuinely liked Roy and Mandy.
Daughter's addition and new staff make it better yet.
Food is very good.
About as authentic a spot as you will find

3  Thank mapauldvm