“Excellent Food”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Seafood chowder and salmon panini were excellent. Pleasant service with good English. A little hidden gem.

Date of visit: September 2019
Clarisse B, Propriétaire at Restaurant L'Eau-a-la-Bouche, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you very much for the nice comment, we are happy that you were pleased at L'eau à la Bouche.
Have a good time in our beautiful Gaspésie.
Clarisse,

Write a reviewReviews (61)

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

Hubby & I passed through here on our way to Gaspe. He had the seafood chowder with big chunks of fish, mussels & shrimp. He couldn’t stop raving about it. I had the French onion soup which had a nice broth & wasn’t too heavy on the onions. We shared a pizza with plenty leftover to take with us.

Date of visit: July 2018
Clarisse B, Propriétaire at Restaurant L'Eau-a-la-Bouche, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

We are happy that you like your meal, it was a pleasure serving you.
Have a good time in our beautiful Gaspésie.
Clarisse

Reviewed August 30, 2017

We stopped by without knowing the place and it has been a very good surprise! Food -especially fish- is excellent! I highly recommend the fish chowder, absolutely delicious!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 23, 2017

I am still reeling from my trip out in the Gaspe area food wise. I understand that most customers are from the USA or English Canada and want to find food just like home. But really? I am looking for seafood and fresh fish. Not burger, not poutine, albeit with homard. I want fresh vegetables, grilled fresh sea food fished locally. Am I dreaming? Is this a Walt Disney moment I want? I had a perfectly cooked salmon, with one slice of lemon, one slice of orange and one slice of another citrus, all covered with 2 tablesppon of maple syrup, cooked in papillotte (cooking paper). Ordinary. I can do that at home. Again. anothe place I will avoid. Great service though. My friend had a very uninteresting cod patty cooked in oil. Totally forgettable.

Date of visit: July 2017
2  Thank Metravellingagain
Clarisse B, Propriétaire at Restaurant L'Eau-a-la-Bouche, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2017

We are sorry that you didn't like the presentation of our perfectly cook salmon , but you had also nice grilled vegetables and rice and you should ask to have your grilled salmon, our chef would off make it perfectly...Sorry about it , i hope you you had a good trip in Gaspésie.
Clarisse B.

Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

This place isn't fancy but the food is good. Spaghetti sauce & hamburgers are homemade. Delicious smoked salmon appetizer. Very kind & friendly staff.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank karenlC6654DE
Clarisse B, Propriétaire at Restaurant L'Eau-a-la-Bouche, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2016

Thank you for your nice comments but i am not sure if you are at the right place because we don't serve any hamburger in our restaurant. Hope you have a good time around Gaspé. Clarisse.