“Excellent food and service”
Review of Bosco Nero

Bosco Nero
Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Blackwood
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Blackwood, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I recently visited Bosco Nero with my family when my friend came to visit. I haven't been there for a long time but the food was just as good as I remembered. The food and service we received was excellent and I won't leave it so long before my next visit. If you love Italian food then Bosco Nero is well worth a visit.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Spurs_Shirl
Donato D, General Manager at Bosco Nero, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you very much!

Cardiff
“Spaghetti Carrotnaise”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Im not italian, and I cant cook, but I love italian food. This was a treat that I was really looking forward to. Our table was booked for 7pm, food served eventually at 8:30pm. The restaurant was empty, lights were dim, good job because the decor was terribly out of date. You notice this more when you go upstairs to the bathroom. I ordered Spaghetti Bolognaise. It was glow-in-the-dark orange and full of carrots. The meat was minimal and soft, the sauce was more carrotnaise. I don't like carrots. In fairness the lady asked me if I wanted something else, but I did not want to wait another hour and a half. She took meal away. I felt terribly embarrassed and very hungry, as I watched everybody eat. Good job for the birthday cake which we brought in. To add insult to injury they charged me for the meal too, which I didn't touch. Very disappointing. Again, im not a cook nor am I italian (mind you, neither are their front of house staff), but I do a much better spag bol at a fraction of the cost. Very disappointing!

• Visited April 2013
Donato D, General Manager at Bosco Nero, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
How very cheeky of you, please discuss your issues with the business not try to tarnish their good names! Carrot bolognaise, if you look up a traditional bolognaise recipe you will find that carrots are definately in the ingredients. Restaurants don't specify the weights so its pot luck if there are too many or too less.
I told you that we had a chicken ready if you wanted it but you snubbed it. As for us charging you the birthday boy said he wanted to eat it. So iit was ate.
The lights were dimmed so I couldn't see your miserable face!
Please don't come back!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I go back every year”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Bosconero's is a little gem in blackwood, i first came here with my partner for our first date in feb 2010 and three years later this is still our favourite restaurant which we make sure to visit on our anniversary each year. The food is outstanding, very authentic and is always a generous portion so you're guaranteed to feel stuffed afterwards. The staff are very welcoming and friendly, always go out of their way to make sure you are happy with your meals and overall service. It is a little small but this only adds to the homely italian feel to the place but i do recommend booking a table if you visit on the weekends to avoid disappointment. Only one criticism is that if you are sat near the front of the restaurant it is very drafty and can get quite cold ( but as we are in wales i know this cannot be helped) but maybe a heat curtain of some sort would be beneficial by the door. But overall i will definately continue to visit this restaurant in the near future as i love this place and its yummy italian food.

1 Thank Bethan_Hucker
Thank you very much!
Aberbargoed, United Kingdom
“Bellissimo!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Booked in for the valentines meal 2013. The food and service was outstanding for the price as usual with lots of options for the set menu. We have been on other occassions and plan to return very soon with friends/family. The authenticity and feel of the place is like no other and gives a true reflection of real Italy. Thank you again!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Wayne J
Thank you very much for your bellissimo review! Grazie!
wales
“Little bit of Italy”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Went with 2 friend for a meal and a catch up,we had a lovely meal though it was a bit cramp with tables too close together,but saying that we had a lovely meal and enjoyable night out.

Visited May 2012