“Over charged and arrogant manager”
Review of Cafe Venetian

Cafe Venetian
Ranked #12 of 13 Quick Bites in Cwmbran
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have been to this cafe many times and often order the same items.
A breakfast, a bacon sandwich and 2 regular hot drinks.
I usually overlook the odd greasy breakfast or dried mushroom. Even the bald headed owner and his arrogant attitude.
However, today I ordered 2 bacon sandwiches and 2 regular hot drinks.
The owner (at least I think he is) charged me more than I usually pay, which I thought was strange considering I normally buy a breakfast.
I did challenge and asked the waitress how much she would charge for a bacon sandwich and at hearing this, the manager abruptly butt in and said it was £3.80.
I knew I had been overcharged but decided not to create a fuss. I'm mad with myself for not standing my ground.

I can forgive the odd lack of customer service and even cleaning my own table now and again but robbing your customers is literally criminal. Needless to say, you've lost another customer.

1  Thank AndrewD8
Write a reviewReviews (53)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We decided to try this cafe after walking passed it a billion and one times on shopping trips to Cwmbran.

At first glance it seems lovely but like Royston Vasey, you pick under the layer and find something quite odd.

The guy who works at the counter speaks to you like you are interrupting him from something more important. The staff look like they hate life. The miserable lady who serves can’t be bothered to walk to the tables but is happy to meet you halfway and I had to clean my own table! Also the kitchen is very small and yet the staff still manage to shout at each other rather than communicate like normal people.

Food is a little under average but on a positive note, you get what you asked for.

We have spent 30 minutes here and not one customer has left with a smile on their face!

All in all I would spend your money elsewhere.

Reviewed September 8, 2019

Manager shouting at staff in front of customers about messy kitchen and having to cook in it! Visibly frustrated about having to make baguettes and jacket for family in front of us, making everyone feel awkward. Very unprofessional and also intimidating for our children!

Reviewed August 24, 2019

It appears that the customer is never right at Cafe Venetian. After pondering where to eat, stumbled upon this quaint looking establishment with insatiable appetites, only to be met with terribly rude service, rubbish food and an unhygienic environment.
Our order was wrong, we couldn’t swap items on the ‘all day breakfast’ as it seemed too much trouble and I’ve seen better cooked bacon still shuffling around a pigsty.
Also, my enticingly entitled ‘chicken tikka pizza’ was a tiny, frozen supermarket offering, burnt to within an inch of my life! Poor, poor, poor.
Thoroughly expected food poisoning.
It’s a minus 10*s from us!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 30, 2019 via mobile

Went there today, was served by a very grumpy lady! Asked for a cooked breakfast and she mumbled “for good ness sake” when I asked her if this was ok she then replied “IM HOT”
Not my problem! Sort you staff out with some manners!

Date of visit: July 2019