“Unique, fun and great food!”
Review of Irie Shack - CLOSED

Irie Shack
Cuisines: Barbecue, Caribbean, Jamaican, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My friends and I visited the 'Irie Shack' a couple of weeks ago as had heard is was newly opened and worth checking out, I'm so glad we did! It is a Caribbean restaurant with an adjoining bar which often has live music playing. The food was so lovely; really tasty, huge portions, really authentic cuisine and great service. I had the goat curry which was to die for, the the Jerk chicken which one of my friends had and was cooked on the BBQ was also worth a mention. I would recommend to anyone.The music set the tone, reggae and chilled out. The cocktails were spot on too. After we had finished we made our way to the bar which has been done up beautifully, a real gem in amongst all the chain restaurant/ bars in this area. Fairy lights, intimate booths and a stage playing very cool music. I just hope this place is supported locally so that it keeps running as it is a real treat. The staff were really great too, thanks guys for a fab night all round! Will def be back soon!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Generous portion and flavoursome goat curry last night that left me well satisfied. Had the sampler menu on my first visit some weeks ago... biggest meal ever put in front of me. Did my best but finished it over the next two days from takeaway trays! Attentive and engaging service that seems to come naturally to waiting staff who are comfortable with each other, and with their customers. Moments of laughter, dance and song even, between service. The music. Wow. Steel band in the restaurant and a ten piece big band in the bar. Is this really Cwmbran or did I forget I was on holiday.
Thank you Irie Shack on my second visit. See you soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Brilliant at last Caribbean food locally, great atmosphere, great food, friendly staff. Lots to try love the patties!!