“I love the Castell Y Bwch”

The Castell Y Bwch Inn
Ranked #4 of 83 Restaurants in Cwmbran
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Castell-y-Bwch is a traditional family run pub offering good bar food at reasonable prices. we also pride ourselves on our choice of real ales changed weekly. this pub is a little gem far from the jungle of supper pubs. log fires, beams and a lot more.
Reviewed July 14, 2014

One of the best pubs and restaurants Cwmbran has to offer.
So welcoming and warm, the staff are always lovely and polite, even the regulars are.

Top quality food, beautiful surroundings and a warm and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

My husband and I took visiting friends here for Sunday lunch on 6th July. This was our first visit, but definitely not our last! The ambiance was great, service excellant and location had stunning views. The very generous meals were beautifully cooked and piping hot. What more can I say, other than that I would highly recommend this place and look forward to a return visit.

2  Thank MarianJW
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

To be fair,this place has got it all,great food,excellent service,great location,I have had a few meals up here,always hot and cooked great,but that mixed grill takes some beating,trust me if you havent tried it you must,thats one meal you will want to come back for.

5  Thank Matthew H
Reviewed July 4, 2014

This was the first visit for some years, and we were not disappointed, going there for a birthday treat tuned out to be a treat in itself.
From the moment we walked in the service was impeccable, the barman was attentive and welcoming and the waitress eager to ensure the order was correct.
We chose both from the menu and specials board and when the food arrived what a surprise, large portions well coked and extremely well presented.
The 16oz rump turned out to be too big to complete in one sitting, great doggy bag,and the ribs took some finishing.
All in all a wonderful evening for the five of us with a cost of under £95 including drinks which included a bottle of good Merlot.
Will certainly be returning

1  Thank Glyn W
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We turned up on a Friday night without a reservation and were very surprised when we were made to feel very welcome and found a table, so long as we didn't mind a 40 minute wait. This was no problem and the food actually only took about 30 minutes which was great considering they were very busy and not expecting us! It's good old fashioned pub grub which is so hard to come by nowadays. I thought I would play it safe and order scampi (first visit) and it was fabulous. Good size portions, lots of scampi and piping hot. The staff were super friendly and helpful and we will definitely be returning.
The only thing I wasn't too happy about was the wine selection. Only small bottles available if you only wanted a glass and mine was a little warm. Having said that we had a great meal and next time i'll choose something on tap or ask for some ice!

1  Thank Jenko2014