“Successful Party”

The Castell Y Bwch Inn
Ranked #6 of 85 Restaurants in Cwmbran
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Castell-y-Bwch is a traditional family run pub offering good bar food at reasonable prices. we also pride ourselves on our choice of real ales changed weekly. this pub is a little gem far from the jungle of supper pubs. log fires, beams and a lot more.
Reviewed September 27, 2013

As a local adult welsh tutor teaching in both Risca and Cwmbran, I chose the Castell for our end of term get together (as it was sort of Central -ish!) there were 15 of us, we spent the first hour or so in the bar drinking (and socialising in Welsh - the bar staff were really cooperative and willing to play along with letting them order in Welsh and practise). We then sat down to food which was great, and several of the dishes had been fussily altered for us (one didn't want this, one didn't want that)... Which was great. Everyone enjoyed they're meal and the place had a lovely atmosphere. We'll be going back for our Christmas bash for sure...I had one complaint from the class about the price of coke - but that was followed by 'you don't mind paying for it though in a nice place like this'. I dropped a score in value just for that!

1  Thank TeachMeSomething
Beverley H, Manager at The Castell Y Bwch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for your custom glad a good day was had by all.oh and we have put the coke down 20p a pint just for you!! see you at christmas regards Bev+Bill

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We live in the nearest town an have recently started eating out at the castle I used to go there years ago and as it has re opened under new ownership we thought we would try it out the food is great meals are big the place it self is clean and friendly has a great feel being just outside the town it's like going into a differant place log fire lit very cosy will defiantly be returning an recommending compared to other near by pubs :)

1  Thank Davesamwill

Thank you for your review we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit, kind regards Bev+Bill

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Myself and my partner decided to pop in to the castell as it was recommended to us by family and were not disappointed !! the staff were lovely and the place was gorgeous, had a real cosy old fashioned feel and the views were lovely. I ordered the hunters chicken which was cooked wonderfully and my partner had the mixed grill which was a force to be reckoned with.....it was massive !!! and he seemed to enjoy it as his empty plate showed !

All in all it was a lovely meal which was good value for money in a wonderful location, we will definitely be returning.

1  Thank kmsmith61

Thank you for your kind review , it makes it all worth while Bev+Billy

Reviewed August 30, 2013

My wife Denise and I was returning from our daughters last Monday evening when by chance we pulled into this little country pub. We was greeted by a lovely polite LADY who I later found out to be Ashleigh. My wife ordered the fish and chips and I had a cajun steak as I was curious to have never seen it on a menu before. The pub was very traditional and very well kept. After we had finished our meal, we very satisfied. The steak was beautifully cooked and the fish was just how my wife likes it, crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. We then sat by the open fire and had a coffee and brandy. All in all we were very pleased with this little gem and are returning this Sunday with our family to try the Sunday roast.

1  Thank Michael L

Pleased you enjoyed your visit with us, hope to see you again soon. Thank you for your custom Bev+Billy

Reviewed August 6, 2013

my husband and I had a really good meal. as it was "pub grub" we were pleasantly surprised as it was well presented and very tasty. my husband and gammon and egg and I had the chili which we were more than satisfied with.

2  Thank denise151959

thank you for taking the time to leave a review, your feedback is important to us kind regards Bev+Billy