“Great community pub”

Ranked #10 of 79 Restaurants in Cwmbran
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Recently refurbished, it's been transformed into a cosy family friendly pub. Fantastic food for fantastic prices! Special offers on every month.The kitchen has been given a 5* for scores on the doors from EHO.We have Sky & BT Sport! Pool table - free pool is on a Thursday. Tuesday is Quiz night & Bingo from 9pm. Friday is is karaoke night. With a friendly, inviting atmosphere, and excellent customer service, this local pub offers a great experience. If it's a family birthday or special event, or you just don't fancy cooking and want a tasty meal, you won't be disappointed with us. We take bookings, so call us to reserve your table. Sunday lunch we recommend booking in advance as food is cooked fresh.Food is served 12-9pm Monday-Saturday, and a Sunday 12-7pm
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
“Great community pub”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Lovely meal yet again really hot great value..pub is so cosy with xmas decs too..always a pleasure..back on sunday with family for xmas dinner

• Visited December 2013

Torfaen, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit! ”
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Fed up of eating in the same local restaurants I had a look on tripadvisor for somewhere new in my area and I stumbled across this place. I remember the Owl from many years ago and had not walked through the door for 7+ years, I was slightly sceptical but we decided to give it a go... My my how the place has changed!
The decor was lovely and the staff were accommodating and friendly. There was plenty of available seating and although there were several people enjoying a Friday night drink I did not feel that they were taking over the restaurant environment.
I ordered the Taverners Chicken and was not disappointed, it was by far one of the nicest I've ever tasted! I requested a jacket potato instead of the usual chips and was surprised to have a 'proper' jacket with beautiful crispy skin, like they should be!
The meal was filling, incredibly tasty, well presented and very well priced.

I will definitely be returning to the Blinkin Owl again soon and would recommend it to anyone.

1 Thank Rhi5
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Had an excellent half chicken Sunday dinner there today, quite often have Sunday dinner there, lovely food can't fault it!

• Visited December 2013
Pontypool, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Went here for a party few weekends back was a little apprehensive when this place was chosen as our venue but have to be fair was very nice. The food was very good, didn't take to long to arrive and we all ate at the same time, sometimes when a few of us go out for food we don't always get our meals together, very reasonably priced and the friendly staff made our visit enjoyable. Will be returning.

• Visited October 2013
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food, Great Atmosphere!!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This pub has been transformed since being taken over by Jodie, the food is lovely and reasonably priced , the atmosphere is friendly and the staff are helpful and polite. The pub looks much brighter and cleaner inside and out - a real transformation.I would recommend this pub to anyone and will be visiting here again in the near future.

• Visited October 2013