“Could not fault it”

The Parkway Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cwmbran
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Bit of a stab in the dark and booked online last minute after a very long, wet and tiring day.
Most pleasantly surprised as Best Westerns seem to be the poor relation compared to Marriott, Hilton or Radisson.
Friday evening when I checked in (around 6pm) so quite busy but a friendly face was there to greet me. Check in was swift and efficient and a complimentary upgrade was most appreciated.
The room was spotless and well equipped. Bathroom equally so.
After a good soak in the deep tub I ventured down to a lively bar.
Prompt and attentive service must be the mantra in this hotel, it runs very well.
Bar meal of steak and garlic bread and a couple of beers was just the ticket. Guy playing the organ and 'crooning' added to the ambience.
Bed was amazing, as were the feather pillows (I do wish all hotels had these) and after a sound nights sleep I headed to breakfast.
I have to say it was one of the best buffet breakfasts I have had anywhere, and believe me, I have had a few.
Overall, great stay, a definite recommend for anyone passing through, or even staying longer. There is a Spa too, but unfortunately I did not have the time to take advantage of this, although I'm sure it would have been equally as good as the rest of the hotel.
Many thanks to all concerned and I will most certainly be back.

Room Tip: I would ask for room 202 without a doubt.
1  Thank Crakajak
Kerry J, General Manager at The Parkway Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2014

Dear Crakajack,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of our hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt that you could not fault your experience, that itself is the best compliment to receive and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with others.

We look forward to welcoming back, do try the spa next time you visit as the treatments are excellent.

Best wishes

Kerry Jennings

Write a ReviewReviews (1,156)

Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

My cousin got married here last weekend and it was fab! The hotel itself is a little dated but you can easily get over that as the service is perfect. The grounds are lovely and we had some great photos. The room the wedding ceremony takes place in could of been decorated better. It was just a plain room.
No special touches but it did the job. There were a lot of other people in the hotel during the day. You do feel a little awkward as your parading around in wedding get up while other guests are having lunch or a spa day. We were in another room for the wedding breakfast. Food was amazing. Everything was hot and tasty. The room was decorated beautifully and all the staff kept asking if we needed anything and if everything was ok. We were in another room for the evening party. This was also gorgeously decorated with big crystal chandeliers on the ceiling. Drinks prices are a bit pricey and there wasn't a lot of choice when it came to spirits. We had a great day and everything went to plan. Couldn't fault the ladies who manage the wedding bookings. As we didn't stay the night I can't comment on the rooms however the hotel facilities are great.

Stayed: August 2014
Kerry J, General Manager at The Parkway Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2014

Dear Holymayc6,

Thank you very much for posting your review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your cousins recent wedding at our hotel. We are so pleased that you found our food to be amazing and our staff attentive and helpful through out the wedding.

Your comments are very much appreciated and thank you for sharing them.

Best wishes

Kerry Jennings

Reviewed September 1, 2014

I attended my cousins wedding in August, we chose to make a weekend of it & book a room.

Our room was clean & comfortable, the food & service from the staff was excellent, Sophie our server at the Wedding was especially helpful & attentive ( she even entertained our child & prevented a tantrum!).
I would certainly recommend the Parkway to anyone wishing to hold an event or looking for a break away.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

We had a 70th birthday party here for my mother in law and we can't fault anything about this hotel the room we had for her birthday was perfect just the right size with a bar .the barman was very good and the buffet had a very good selection served hot everybody commented how nice it was . Paul Martin the dj was very good .some of us stayed the night and the rooms were great very comfortable bed and the room's were spotless .we had breakfast in the morning and that was very good something for all tastes .all staff very freindly we would recommend this hotel to anybody well done all staff at the parkway

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2014

Stayed here yesterday night, brilliant hotel, very clean, warm, and has a fantastically run bar with good seating areas, & additional separate lounge with sofas. Just what you need after a long drive or day out.

The staff are very friendly and knowledgeable, and the room service sandwiches are very good too! ;)

Looking forward to returning soon to try out the pool and leisure facilities

Reviewed August 26, 2014

I have stayed here several times and it has always been excellent! Luxury bedrooms, amazing food and the Spa is clean and warm and inviting. Kim Fox in the Spa is always so friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble. Well done!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cwmbran
Best Western Pontypool Metro Hotel
Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa
The Priory Hotel & Restaurant
Glen-yr-Afon House Hotel
St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club
The Manor Hotel
The Manor Hotel
#1 of 3 in Crickhowell

Been to The Parkway Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!