The Parkway Hotel & Spa
$91
$69
Gateway Hotel(Newport)
$56
Travelodge Newport Central(Newport)(Great Value!)
$53
Travelodge
  • Free Internet
$44
TripAdvisor
1,241 results
All reviewscakesafternoon tealog fireleisure facilitiesbar areawedding partylovely hotelevening mealbirthday treattom joneswaiting staffmember of stafffunction roomfood was lovelystaff were very helpfulduty managerovernight stay
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel has possibly the friendliest and most helpful staff in the UK. After a nightmare of a day, I arrived at the hotel quite late and was greeted by the friendliest and most helpful receptionist ever, which put me back in a good mood!! The restaurant was just about to stop serving, but was requested to remain open while I dropped by bags and freshened up, now THAT is service. Because of my late arrival, (and this is not a complaint) my choices were limited, but the food that did arrive was perfectly cooked and served up with friendliness and courtesy. The room itself was clean and comfortable and had everything you need for a night away. Breakfast the next morning was excellent with a decent fruit and cold selection as well as the mandatory fry-up. Check-out was as good as the check-in (the same lovely lady in fact) and I left feeling well rested after a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We enjoyed our overnight stay and 'Daycation' in the spa which had been bought as a present. The rooms are clean and the hotel was quiet. Friendly staff. Swimming pool and spa well kept. However service a bit slow in the cafe area of the spa. Definitely a good value break and would recommend to friends and families.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed here for two nights and realy enjoyed it. Staff are friendly, the lessure facilities are excellent and the rooms and food are also very good. If you are looking for a hotel in the area, I would highly recogmend this one.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank G0lf3r
Kerry J, General Manager at The Parkway Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear G0lf3r

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend our hotel to others. Your feedback is very much appreciated and thank you for sharing it.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel with my children, the staff were very welcoming and friendly, they paid extra attention to my children and made them feel comfortable. The room was beautifully decorated and the bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever led in. The spa was lovely and relaxing and the pool was heated which was a massive bonus. The food was really nice and reasonably priced. Every member of staff I came across was incredibly helpful, chatty and friendly. We will come again.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Jessikahhhh,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Your kind comments regarding the food, spa facilities and our team of staff are very much appreciated. We have lovely feedback about our new beds and we are delighted that you also found them to be comfortable.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I had to visit a site in Pontypool which I expected to last a couple of hours. As my wife has not been to well lately I decided to take her a long for the ride and have a night away. Looking on Laterooms.com I came across the Best Western Plus Parkway Hotel & Spa for a Sunday special at an extremely reasonable price. Excellent while I was out on site my wife could enjoy the spa facilities. Well we were far from disappointed is place is brilliant, staff were excellent, rooms above expectation for the price paid, breakfast was spot on. Can I find fault, spa facilities are a bit dated but very clean.

Room Tip: A bit difficult to find without a Sat Nav, but it addds to the charm of the place.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear RoyT

Thank you very much for posting such a wonderful review of our hotel

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our hotel to be "brilliant". Your kind comments really are appreciated by the entire team of staff here at The Parkway, thank you for sharing them.

We look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the not too distant future.