The Parkway Hotel & Spa
Best Western Pontypool Metro Hotel(Pontypool)(Great Value!)
$67
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
1,226 results
All reviewscakesafternoon tealog fireleisure facilitiesbar areawedding partylovely hotelevening mealbirthday treattom joneswaiting staffmember of stafffunction roomfood was lovelystaff were very helpfulduty managerovernight stay
FilterAll languages
999 - 1,004 of 1,226 reviews
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I had to visit a site in Pontypool which I expected to last a couple of hours. As my wife has not been to well lately I decided to take her a long for the ride and have a night away. Looking on Laterooms.com I came across the Best Western Plus Parkway Hotel & Spa for a Sunday special at an extremely reasonable price. Excellent while I was out on site my wife could enjoy the spa facilities. Well we were far from disappointed is place is brilliant, staff were excellent, rooms above expectation for the price paid, breakfast was spot on. Can I find fault, spa facilities are a bit dated but very clean.

Room Tip: A bit difficult to find without a Sat Nav, but it addds to the charm of the place.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kerry J, General Manager at The Parkway Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear RoyT

Thank you very much for posting such a wonderful review of our hotel

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our hotel to be "brilliant". Your kind comments really are appreciated by the entire team of staff here at The Parkway, thank you for sharing them.

We look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Best wishes

Kerry Jennings

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I've used the Parkway a few times for meetings, coffee and lunch and always found it very good. Its also not a bad lunch option for the Community Farm if you want something a bit different to what their cafe can offer. I've bumped this visit up to 5 stars as I was very impressed to see it had facilities to charge up my electric car. I found the staff very keen to help even though I wasn't actually staying the night. Nice one !

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The Parkway is probably the best Best Western I've stayed at! The room and service was excellent. The only 'critique' I would offer would be have a few more regular tables for eating in the lounge area as most are low level ones, and perhaps increase the size of the dining room as this area does seem a little crowded at breakfast time. I highly recommend this hotel, and would definitely stay there again when in the area on business.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Spent two nights here in very pleasant surroundings and company. The hotel was excellent and staff most helpful and attentive. Rooms and service everything you would expect from the Best Western chain. Nikki and Vikki on a busy reception( as there was a bridal fayre on in the hotel), fielded all our questions. Pool, sauna, gym, spacious parking, good rooms and excellent breakfasts made the trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We had 2 rooms for a one night stay, lovely staff, excellent room, spa warm, good facilities,
breakfast was ok, staff slow to replenish drinks, coffee, and to clear plates. I ordered soya milk,
which i had some when i arrived and then is was all gone for the evening and breakfast which was a shame!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family