“Excellent rooms ans service”

The Parkway Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cwmbran
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The Parkway is probably the best Best Western I've stayed at! The room and service was excellent. The only 'critique' I would offer would be have a few more regular tables for eating in the lounge area as most are low level ones, and perhaps increase the size of the dining room as this area does seem a little crowded at breakfast time. I highly recommend this hotel, and would definitely stay there again when in the area on business.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Write a ReviewReviews (1,153)

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Spent two nights here in very pleasant surroundings and company. The hotel was excellent and staff most helpful and attentive. Rooms and service everything you would expect from the Best Western chain. Nikki and Vikki on a busy reception( as there was a bridal fayre on in the hotel), fielded all our questions. Pool, sauna, gym, spacious parking, good rooms and excellent breakfasts made the trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We had 2 rooms for a one night stay, lovely staff, excellent room, spa warm, good facilities,
breakfast was ok, staff slow to replenish drinks, coffee, and to clear plates. I ordered soya milk,
which i had some when i arrived and then is was all gone for the evening and breakfast which was a shame!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for business for a couple of nights. While having a meeting in the reception area/lounge I was approached and rudely told that I had to purchase something to sit there. This was in front of a client and as a guest at the hotel I was shocked by the disdain and the aggressive tone of the Manager. When I explained that I not only fully intended to purchase drinks and lunch but that I was also staying at the hotel he did apologise. Unfortunately this soured my entire experience of this hotel. I have had some of my managers stay here for a full week at a time. We will not use this hotel again. I would not recommend this hotel, which is a shame as everything else there was ok.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank rainbowj1980
Kerry J, General Manager at The Parkway Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Rainbowj1980

I am extremely disappointed with your review.

I can assure you that any guest is spoken to politely regarding the use of our facilities and I am very sorry that you were upset by this. We do however request that guests refrain from using the lounge area to hold interviews/private meetings as our lounge is for customers to enjoy their lunch or afternoon tea.

I see your previous contribution with Tripadvisor is of the same content in another hotel. May I recommend that you hire one of our many conference rooms for private use as to avoid any further disappointed.

Regards

Kerry Jennings

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We would like to express our very special thanks to all the staff at the Parkway on our funeral reception held yesterday 20/02/14. From the moment we arrived until the last person left, we were looked after by Kath and her staff exceptionally well. Thanks very much to Kerry for organising the day which was a sad occasion made into a happy nice occasion which went without a hitch. Everyone commented on how nice and well presented the food was. A final thank you to all the staff at the Parkway. Chris & Anne

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have stayed many times at the Parkway Hotel and thought it was time to write a review, From the moment you arrive the staff make you feel like a VIP, especially if Susan checks you in, every time you walk past reception she is always asking if everything is ok. Nothing is too much trouble and they are always there to help, whatever you need. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. Bar food is very good value, and drinks are a good price for a hotel. Good parking, the rooms are always clean and the spa is an added bonus.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed here on Valentines night with my partner and everything was spot on, friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the room and hotel, the room as a whole and the lobby. There is a large free car park which was ideal. The wifi was a good speed too which was good. The spa facilities are great and the spa treatments were very good too. Overall the experience we had here was positive throughout the whole stay, I couldn't have asked for anymore, especially as I only paid £58 for the nights stay (on Valentine's night too) through a January promotion they offered. Bargain!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Kerry J, General Manager at The Parkway Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Sam H,

Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the Valentines Weekend. The offer was extremely popular and we are thrilled with the feedback we have received

Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to share them.

Best wishes and we hope to see you again soon.

Kerry Jennings

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cwmbran
Best Western Pontypool Metro Hotel
Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa
The Priory Hotel & Restaurant
Glen-yr-Afon House Hotel
St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club
The Manor Hotel
The Manor Hotel
#1 of 3 in Crickhowell

Been to The Parkway Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!