“Great Wedding Venue”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cwmbran
Paphos, Cyprus
“Great Wedding Venue”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My niece chose the Parkway as a suitable wedding venue and what a great choice it was.
From the moment we arrived we knew it would be excellent. However, the location is somewhat peculiar because its on the edge of an industrial estate although with extensive and beautifully kept grounds you wouldn't really know this and it feels like the middle of the countryside.
The staff were friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble. The rooms are a good size and furnished to a very high standard. The place has a really nice feel to it and is very accommodating. The food served at the wedding breakfast was excellent and so was the morning breakfast the following day. Perhaps not the biggest selection but pretty good and sufficient to cater for most peoples needs. I do like hot toast and I got it.
In terms of a wedding venue then we think the hotel and staff were exceptional and everything went very smoothly and according to plan. Having a toastmaster was a great idea.
Its difficult to say anything negative about this hotel and our stay was just perfect. I think my niece and her new partner were very pleased and in the end that's what really mattered.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the rear garden rather than the front of the hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank peyiakid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

we loved this hotel: the entrance, the gardens, the swimming pool, the room ..everything looks beautiful. The service was great and the food was very good and reasonably priced. We recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have never stayed the night but the foyer is one of the best hotel experiences in all our travels. Whoever designs it needs a medal. There is such a feeling of space, friendliness and "welcome". The grounds are really lovely and the huge windows in the lounge allow them almost to come inside. Service was first class too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
west midlands
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Beautiful enjoyed stay wouldnt have minded staying longer.bedroom decor and quality surpassed my expectation.beautiful heated swimming pool sauna spa jacuzzi not to mention sun loungers. pretty flowers lovely breakfast room and lounge areas. would definately highly recommend very pleasant staff.Can see why it would make a lovely wedding venue.
Few mins taxi for few quid from victory church. All round excellent trip. x

Room Tip: We had upstairs room there is no lift but assistance if offered with cases if required. I requested...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Wales
Reviewed August 1, 2013

A group of us dined here on July31st and I personally was disappointed with the evening meal. The leek and potato soup was very watery and completely lacking in taste and the colour was quite a deep green and seem artificial, the beef from the carvery was dry and tough, and the trifle contained two pieces of plastic/cellophane. On the plus side the staff were very pleasant and polite. I did not make the staff aware of the above as I did not want to spoil the evening for the rest of the party.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank holidaygirl010
Kerry J, General Manager at The Parkway Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Holidaygirl010,

I am so sorry you were disappointed with your recent meal. We appreciate your feedback and I can assure that we have taken your comments seriously.

We try extremely hard to maintain our high standards at all times and overall we have excellent feedback regarding our food and service. We sincerely hope you give us another try in the not too distant future.

Best wishes

Kerry Jennings
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I travel quite a lot for business reasons, and stay at a lot of different hotels.

This particular hotel is well located, in a sizable plot of land to make it nice and quiet. The car parking is ample, and I was upgraded to one of the larger rooms for no real reason - which I considered to be a rather nice surprise.

I was put into the Caldey Suite which had a massive bed, cafetiere, iron, trouser press, tv with a big stack of dvd's and a nice view from the window.

The food was good but pricey, the beer was very good and the hotel staff friendly. I'd definitely like to stay again.

Room Tip: Be cheeky - ask for a Suite if you can!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Pembroke, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Two words sum up my stay! Absolutely Fabulous.
From customer service to cleanliness, from facilities to cuisine, from comfort to relaxation.
Kept thinking I'll find a fault soon? No, just all of the above and would recommend this hotel to anyone of any age.

Room Tip: My room was on the 1st floor and on the end. Quiet and peaceful
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cwmbran
Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa
Best Western Pontypool Metro Hotel
New House Country Hotel
New House Country Hotel
#3 of 73 in Cardiff

Been to The Parkway Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!