“My favourite best Western, countrywide”

The Parkway Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cwmbran
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I travel quite a lot for business reasons, and stay at a lot of different hotels.

This particular hotel is well located, in a sizable plot of land to make it nice and quiet. The car parking is ample, and I was upgraded to one of the larger rooms for no real reason - which I considered to be a rather nice surprise.

I was put into the Caldey Suite which had a massive bed, cafetiere, iron, trouser press, tv with a big stack of dvd's and a nice view from the window.

The food was good but pricey, the beer was very good and the hotel staff friendly. I'd definitely like to stay again.

Room Tip: Be cheeky - ask for a Suite if you can!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,197)

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Two words sum up my stay! Absolutely Fabulous.
From customer service to cleanliness, from facilities to cuisine, from comfort to relaxation.
Kept thinking I'll find a fault soon? No, just all of the above and would recommend this hotel to anyone of any age.

Room Tip: My room was on the 1st floor and on the end. Quiet and peaceful
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Myself, my daughter and 2 year old granddaughter were visiting family in Wales and stayed in The Parkway, this is the second time I have stayed in the hotel, The rooms are nicely furnished. The service was very good and the staff were very friendly. Breakfast was buffet style, there was plenty of choice and you could ask for your food to be cooked freshly for you. although its not needed as all the cooked food looked fresh.
The Leisure club is very nice and relaxing with an area for children to paddle.
The only complaint about the hotel, voiced by many fellow residents is that it is too hot, there is no air con and the windows in the rooms only open a small way. I will stay again, but maybe in the colder weather.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are ok for one night, but I would want a bigger room if I was staying longer. No...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Kerry J, General Manager at The Parkway Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Sharon D,

Thank you very much for posting your review.

We are delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that your family enjoyed the swimming pool in our Leisure Club. Your lovely comments regarding our friendly staff are very much appreciated and we sincerely hope you stay with us again in the not too distant future.

Best wishes

Kerry Jennings

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I both had a special birthday this month, as a treat our children purchased a mini break here for us and I have to say what a treat it was! The hotel is actually only 20 minutes drive from our home but we will both remember it and return. The room was comfortable and well equipped, the DVD player and a selection of DVD's was a very nice touch. The spa is wonderful! We made full use of all the facilities, steam room, sauna, Jacuzzi and swimming pool. The restaurant was exceptional with a very high standard of food and service and a good selection of wines of very high quality. I would say it is one of the best meals I have had in a few years. The staff were at all times pleasant, polite and helpful. One very small criticism, no lifts! I have walking difficulty and found the stairs a bit hard. We could have asked for a ground floor room had we known. Let me just add, this is how a hotel should be.

Room Tip: The suite we had was wonderful but if you have walking difficulties go for the ground floor.
1  Thank ronpSouthWales

Dear ronPSouthwales,

Thank you very much for posting such a wonderful review of our hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Your lovely comments regarding the food in our restaurant really are appreciated by our food and beverage team along with our brigade of chefs.

We sincerely hope you visit us again and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Best wishes

Kerry Jennings

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Myself and my wife called in for lunch and were pleasantly surprised by the food available from the hotels Coffee Shop we opted for the Pizza and Quiche with salad which was tasty and very welcome as we were both hungry after our shopping trip we would also like to add that the service was great. This is an excellent hotel that combines an informal and formal ambiance at the same time and together with helpful and friendly staff made for an enjoyable visit, on the downside I had a sun burnt head sitting out in the patio area but you can not blame the hotel for that one! We will be visiting again in the next couple of weeks but this time for an evening meal and probably an overnight stay. JJW

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay. Staff were very pleasant and attentive and the customer care was exemplary. Rooms were very comfortable and well furnished. The health and fitness area was well equipped with plenty of room to relax after working out. Enjoyed a lovely evening meal complimented by some easy listening live music. An excellent hotel and will certainly be coming back in the near future.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Although perhaps lacking the character of some of Best Western's older hotels, we were very impressed with this modern hotel. Well maintained, friendly and attentive staff, excellent food and all at a very reasonable price

Jeanne & Pete

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cwmbran
Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa
#4 of 74 in Cardiff
Coldra Court Hotel
Coldra Court Hotel
#2 of 2 in Langstone

Been to The Parkway Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!