The Parkway Hotel & Spa
$64
PremierInn.com
Best Western Pontypool Metro Hotel(Pontypool)(Great Value!)
$67
  • Free Internet
$46
  • Restaurant
1,227 results
All reviewscakesafternoon tealog fireleisure facilitiesbar areawedding partylovely hotelevening mealbirthday treattom joneswaiting staffmember of stafffunction roomfood was lovelystaff were very helpfulduty managerovernight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The new look Parkway, has gained a very comfortable and friendly atmosphere. You will notice the friendly welcome as you arrive. The cosy comfortable surroundings invite you to sit and relax, either by the log fire, or in a nice quiet corner, whatever suits. Lunch at the Country Kitchen is of excellent value and superb quality, as are the afternoon, and evening bar snacks.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jojord5755
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel through work. The hotel itself is very nice.Clean good facilities. The only gripe I have was some of the other guests who cannot be considerate and remain quite for other guests. My room was located next to a fire door and each time someone passed through, they allowed the door to bang shut. I know this was not the fault of the hotel, but I did suggest some padding be fitted to the doors. Overall though nice nights stay. Excellent breakfast too.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Allan P
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This Hotel is in the process of being renovated. The Bathroom was very nice. There is also everything you can think of from ironing board, iron, trouser press, safe, lots of hangers and space, tea and coffee making facilities. However, it is a shame that the beds and bedding were not higher on the agenda. The bed was very uncomfortable and the bedding awful. There are no duvets but only a blanket and a flat sheet in between tucked in all around. The pillows were very worn out and there was nothing crisp about them.
We did mention the pillows as soon as we arrived as they almost looked used and were promptly seen by the duty manager who offered us another room but unfortunately the beds are the same in every room so this could not be improved on.
All the staff were very friendly and professional.
Gardens / patios not done yet, description on website ahead of itself. (7 acres probably also include the car park and Hotel footprint as it did not look a large expanse of green)
Only 1 Restaurant, not three as described on website. There is a snack bar in the spa area and there is a bar in the lounge where some food can be ordered but they are not restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveller568
Kerry J, General Manager at The Parkway Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Traveller568,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. As stated in your review we have only just taken over the hotel at the beginning of the year and are addressing many of the points and observations you raised in your review.

My staff at the hotel tell me that they spent some time with you explaining the improvements but I would like to highlight two points in particular. All beds are to be replaced this February and we are upgrading to duvets and new linen throughout all bedrooms.

Hopefully you will return in the not too distant future and be able to experience the many improvements that will have been made as the new custodians of Best Western Parkway Hotel.

Kind regards

Kerry Jennings

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel last night, I stayed as I was going to watch the Ireland V Wales rugby match! Im from Ireland and didn't really know my way around the area but a lovely young lady in the restaurant ( Katy) gave me a taxi number and informed me that there was a train station near by saving me a lot of money travelling to newport to catch the train, and also told me the train times!

I arrived early yesterday to check in, and was allowed to do so with no quarrels and had a lovely continental breakfast in the restaurant before leaving for the match!

I would advise anybody to come and stay at this hotel! Beautiful place! Very friendly staff!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed for 5 days in December when the weather was bitterly cold outside and found my room and the hotel to be very nice and warm. The reception and restaurant staff were charming. The equipment in the gym was a bit limited and the gym staff should be encouraged to talk to the guests - not just fill up the water cooler and take out dirty towels. Free wi-fi works well once you have managed to get past the security screen. Food and drink in the restaurant is quite pricy.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bangorjon
Kerry J, General Manager at The Parkway Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Bangorjon,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, your kind comments regarding our hotel and especially our staff are very much appreciated.

We are delighted to inform you that the hotel was purchased by the De Savary family at the beginning of this year and many improvements have already been made within the hotel including new gym equipment in our Colonial Club which was installed last week.

We do hope you visit us again in the not too distant future and see for yourself the improvements already made. Should you wish to dine again the restaurant you will also see that our menu has been changed and improved.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Best wishes