“Don't be fooled by the free Salad Bar!!”
Review of Harvester Cwmbran

Harvester Cwmbran
Ranked #55 of 80 Restaurants in Cwmbran
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Harvester Cwmbran in Torfaen food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your delicious grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared salad as you like. About our Harvester restaurant If you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Torfaen, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Pontnewydd, Croesyceiliog and Llanyravon, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Ebbw Vale, United Kingdom
“Don't be fooled by the free Salad Bar!!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have visited a few Harvesters in the past but this has got to be the worst for standard of Food. It was clean and the staff were very pleasant and helpful but the meal was dreadful. I ordered the Steak Skewers at £10.99 and I ordered rice and chilli sauce with it. Having helped ourselves to the Salad bar (which is always good) I was looking forward to my meal.
It came and what a disappointment. Two small skewers with the "hardest, chewist" steak I've ever eaten (or not as the case maybe). How they could serve this up I don't know!! The steak was hard, overdone and I could barely chew it, I think it had been left hanging around and reheated. I left feeling riped off and probably will not visit a Harvester in a hurry again. Sorry!

• Visited May 2013
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at Harvester Cwmbran, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on Trip Advisor. We were very sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your recent visit to a Harvester Restaurant and we will reply to you personally about this.
Best regards

Cwmbran, United Kingdom
“Great service”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Had some food here before going to the cinema with some friends. Service was fantastic by Cherie very polite and full of joy, nothing was too much. Food was very good all hot and fresh

• Visited April 2013
Harvester_Restaurant, Public Relations Manager at Harvester Cwmbran, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to our Restaurant.
Best regards
“Gossip”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

After visiting here with friends and being welcomed by the manager I was placed at a table and was being served by a young guy, as this was around 5pm there was new team members starting there shift and I was being handed over to someone else, after the manager and two team members stood there gossiping about there night out I had to ask to be served, the waitress (cherie) apologised for keeping us waiting and discussed about there night out! Then my drinks were forgotten and as I walked to the bar the manager and team member were laughing and joking and more interested in other things than your service! On a table opposite the people said the girl serving them was more interested in disscussin there night out than serving, your cwmbran branch is a shambles and the managers are more concerned about there nights out and the gossip it entails! Knowing who slept together and how much alcohol you consumed is not what we wanted to know. Most definitely stick to another site

• Visited April 2013
Harvester_Restaurant, Public Relations Manager at Harvester Cwmbran, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
We are sorry that had disappointing service at our Harvester Restaurant and we do appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.
Thank you.
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, Shame about the creepy waiter!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The customer service from the 'assistant manager' at Harvester Cwmbran.... I loved how you creepily stalked our table ALL night, at one point I thought you may actually pull up a chair and join us.. I really appreciated how you was paying a hell of a lot of attention to my 'much younger than yourself' cousin, even being so nice as to run up to our table when she went to the toilet to insist we give you her number. It was nice to know that if we, i mean she, wanted anything, you was always lurking near by, waiting to pounce, i mean serve us :) Sorry that you didn't quite catch us on the way out, we did all notice how you made sure you positioned yourself by the door so we had to say goodbye to you.
We will return, but we will make sure your not on shift!

1 Thank Beckie_26
Harvester_Restaurant, Public Relations Manager at Harvester Cwmbran, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
We were sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent visit to us. If you feel you would like to email us at harvester.reviews@gmail.com we will be happy to pass your feedback on to our Guest Services Department.
Wales
“Generally very good”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My family and I dine here at least once a month.
The food is generally pretty good, hot and arrives quite quickly.
Salad bar choices a little disappointing, and have changed considerably over last few months.
Also,on occasssions, the staff are a bit slow at taking orders and slightly unenthusiastic, but food wise - i'd recommend this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013