“Never going back”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
wales uk
“Never going back”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Mum and I popped in for a coffee and snack after not being there for nearly a year. Wow how its changed. For the worse! The girl behind the bar had such an attitude. We asked for coffee and you'd think we asked for the world. We left and will never to go back.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank welshcath1975

Blaenavon, United Kingdom
“Poor staff and service”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The food is cheap and average but what really lets this place down is the staff. I was so shocked at their attitude and rudeness. On 2 occassions they messed up our orders. The first time we were cross-examined to make sure we knew what we had ordered and it was replaced. The dessert also came out wrong and we were basically told that is was our fault and we had just as well eat it as we would be paying for it.
Would rather eat anywhere else in future.

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank annalilbab
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
“Very poor dining experience!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Where to start? The bar staff were grumpy, and the words "please" and "thank you" seemed foreign to them.
Then we sat down at a table to find that the menus were very sticky, and could have easily been wiped down. The content of the menus raised a few issues for me. For one, there was two salads on the menu, yet neither were vegetarian. The back page of the menu invites you to like the company on Facebook, and follow on twitter; yet there was no actual username for these accounts. However, that did not matter too much, seeing as I could not even access the wifi. The menu says free wifi, yet it does not tell you the networks name. Then once you finally find the next work, you have to provide them with all sorts of details which is just ridiculous! Also, I assume that none of the deserts are vegetarian? None say that they are, yet I expect some actually are.
Ordering our food: my mother wanted the 'ultimate all day breakfast', which the menu says you can 'swap your chips to curly fries for 79p', however according the the bar staff, there was no option for this, meaning we had to pay the full price for a side of curly fries.
Then when we received our cutlery, it confirmed that cleanliness does not seem to be the top concern of the restaurant. One of our knives were so filthy, and on taking it to the bar to get a clean knife, the reaction was almost as though it was our fault.
Then finally, our food comes, and the 'ultimate all day breakfast' was not exactly hot, more like slightly warmed, with dry bread and frozen butter.
Let's just say, we will not be returning too soon!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Ellie S
Newport, United Kingdom
“Sizzling Food and Sizzling Value”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

to get good food you don't need to go for expensive - Sizzling pubs do a great range of food and the offers like grill night are great value - steak and a beer for less £9 is good for me !

• Visited March 2014
“Great value for money”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here lots great value Monday is kidz eat free :-) great after a llany lake walk.
The people leaving bad reviews confuse me ? It's cheap what do you want Michelin stars? For £4.99 try McDonald's it's the same price I know what I'd prefer.

Keep it up crows nest I've been coming for years great pub x x