“Pleasant surprise”

Ranked #4 of 4 Ebbw Vale B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Some earlier reviews made me concerned but we were booked in for 3 days by my son in law for a family wedding.To my pleasant surprise the owner was great ,the english breakfast was very nice and super service.Room was very adequite but shower was powerful.Playing pool with family turned into big high pressure challenge cup...which we lost,but really relaxing place.Also got a nice gym next door that was really good.We willbe back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 94Tony

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

One of the most friendly b+bs ever stated in, incredibly accomodating and would help us out in whatever way we needed, would deffinately stay again without a doubt :) the rooms were comfortable, and the free pool table was brilliant, we stayed with our elderly grandad who is partly disabled and they made very sure that he was comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Maxahinton
london
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were made to fell very welcome, with a relaxed and helpful atmosphere. The room I had was clean and had been recently decorated, with an en-suite, TV, great view over the valley and comfy beds, as well as a great hot chocolate. The breakfast was great really set me up for the day. The town is a 2 min walk, with a handy car park across the road and the stunningly beautiful Brecon Beacons Park nearby its a great spot.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank abigail s
London
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had a very warm friendly welcome when we arrived by the jovial owner. Our rooms were great and met our needs. Lovely hot shower and hearty breakfast. Very friendly down to earth atmosphere. Free parking available opposite. Helpful signposting. Couldn't ask for more! Thanks a lot John. You made our stay very positive and if we are ever in the area again, we'll definitely come back!

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool nor would I want one.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Sona M
Beaune, France
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Two weeks ago, I stayed for one night at this Victorian-style B&B which had been recommended to me. I come from France and I was very pleased to be welcomed by the proprietor, a nice smiling gentleman, who accepts pets (I have a clean small dog). The room at the back was a twin-room with toilets and shower, very clean and quiet, nicely decorated. The breakfast was copious and made to order! I took a true "English" vegetarian breakfast , really delicious. There was a safe parking for my car at the back of the house. I think I got a real good deal regarding the service and considering the price. Thank you, Mr. Aplin.

M. HANLEY

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Monique H
cumnock
Reviewed August 26, 2012

i cannot comment on room as i never got to see it..on how clean place was Again i cant say about room, but if the downstairs was anything to go by and kitchen then im sure rooms wouldnt be much better...I had a 7 hour drive to this b&b only to be told by some old guy he knew nothing of me coming, he tried to get into keys but they were locked, so then he tried ringing owner but they didnt answer. I asked when they would be back and wss told not till late, but if i wanted i could come in and wait lol after a 7 hour drive do you think im gonna wait till god knows what time for someone to come in??? I dont think so. I walked out...

Stayed August 2012
6 Thank NeilWilks

Travelers are raving about these Ebbw Vale hotels

Stalham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Five minute wait for the door to be answered on arrival, once it was answered the owner had a phone pinned to his ear & left us for a further 3 minutes on the doorstep while he finished his conversation. He had no recollection of our booking & attempted to make us pay again for breakfast which was included on the day of booking. We were sent upstairs to number 11 and told to wait there while he found the keys. Eventually we got in the room & were disgusted to see hairs & dirt everywhere. The toilet still had pee splashes from previous resident, all ensuite fixtures were loose or falling off. The kettle was filthy, skirtings & windows obviously hadn't been cleaned in months & there were handprints all over the windows. After dining out we returned just before 10pm. The whole place was in darkness found a lightswitch for ground floor but the first floor landing needed a new bulb so we had to find our way in the dark. Also we should have been advised at the time of booking that building works were being carried out to the ground floor and that the terrace was unavailable. Basic hygiene here is non-existant & the Owner was completely ignorant. WORST place on earth, DO NOT stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
#3 of 5 in Tredegar
The Cambrian
The Cambrian
#1 of 5 in Tredegar

Been to Ebbw Vale Guest House? Share your experiences!