“Appauling!”

Ebbw Vale Guest House
Ebbw Vale Guest House
Ranked #4 of 4 Ebbw Vale B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Five minute wait for the door to be answered on arrival, once it was answered the owner had a phone pinned to his ear & left us for a further 3 minutes on the doorstep while he finished his conversation. He had no recollection of our booking & attempted to make us pay again for breakfast which was included on the day of booking. We were sent upstairs to number 11 and told to wait there while he found the keys. Eventually we got in the room & were disgusted to see hairs & dirt everywhere. The toilet still had pee splashes from previous resident, all ensuite fixtures were loose or falling off. The kettle was filthy, skirtings & windows obviously hadn't been cleaned in months & there were handprints all over the windows. After dining out we returned just before 10pm. The whole place was in darkness found a lightswitch for ground floor but the first floor landing needed a new bulb so we had to find our way in the dark. Also we should have been advised at the time of booking that building works were being carried out to the ground floor and that the terrace was unavailable. Basic hygiene here is non-existant & the Owner was completely ignorant. WORST place on earth, DO NOT stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Jo M

Reviewed June 9, 2012

I just spent one night at the guesthouse as I was going to a gig at the nearby Rugby Club (Steelhouse Club). I was alone so I had to pay £35 for a twin room, which I thought quite steep as if I were a couple I could have had the same room for £45. The room was comfortable with an excellent ensuite and everything I needed, plus a lovely view, and a communal balcony outside for smoking and chatting. The owner, John, was extremely friendly, when he showed me my room he sat down and talked for so long that I hardly had time to get some food before the gig! But on the good side, I did persuade him to come along and support some excellent musicians. It was a bit noisy in the morning as some people were leaving early for work, and as it was all wooden floors, the sound certainly travelled! I had a generous full English breakfast which I thoroughly enjoyed. I would definitely stay at Ebbw Vale Guest House if I visit the town again, though hopefully with someone else so I can pay less!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2010

the whole place needs to be knocked down and re built was given 1 room, this was meant to be the best room, there was wallpaper off of the wall, damp everywhere, the furniture and bedding was from the 1970-1980's, the owner didnt know what he was doing, was booked for 5 days for 1 person as on work related trip, when he realised that it was only 1 person staying he moved me to another single room, again this was worse than the last, smelt damp, mould, hadnt been cleaned since i dont know when, could only stay 1 night as it was too appauling, had to stay as work collegues house on their sofa for the rest of the week, NEVER USE, oh yes couldnt even attempt to eat the breakfast as it looked dreadful and the plates were chipped, and disgusting

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business