“A drop in interval”

Cole Manor Tea Rooms
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Bruton
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Tea Rooms will be closed for the winter from Monday, 9th November and will re-open on Wednesday, 3rd February but we are ending our season on a high as the Tea Rooms have recently won the Best Tea Rooms/Coffee Shop award from Somerset Life Magazine. We look forward to seeing you in February when our wonderful display of snowdrops will be in full flower.
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I had been recommended to try these Tea Rooms which is quite close to my home, I loved the setting, the gardens were a delight as was the cafe decor. I was greeted like an old friend, only dropped in for a coffee but decided to have the Soup of the Day - Roasted Butternut Squash, which was absolutely delicious, it was served with a Wheat & Gluten Free Brown Roll ( rare to find cafe's serving W &G Free items). The coffee was lovely but I resisted the W&G Free Carrot Cake & the Banana Cake, although they looked utterly delicious. If you are out this way, this should be a must on your places to visit. Ticked the "bar" in the ratings below by mistake & can't remove it now. They do not sell alcohol, but you can take your bottle of wine if you so choose, they charge £3 corkage.

1  Thank Jenni J

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Cole Manor tea rooms couldn't be in a more picturesque setting and you can enjoy a stroll around or your tea in the lovely gardens as well. We loved the cakes - especially the pine nut and raspberry slice. We also enjoyed the delicious homemade soup. Highly recommended!

1  Thank The_Wilfs
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stumbled upon this during a local walk. Naturally we hastily redesigned our route to come back here at tea time. Turned out to be a real gem. A pretty, welcoming entrance, an even prettier waitress and a table of the most sumptuous looking cakes, obviously all homemade. I had the scone however, loaded with cream and blackberry jam to die for (don't get that at home). A friend chose the raspberry and pine nut slice, letting me have a bit. Wow! Arrive here starving and in need of calories. You won't be disappointed.

This old mill has a wonderful garden in which you are allowed to wander. Very colourful with interesting watercourses.

I thank the owners for their enterprise, quality of food and service. Already planning my next visit, perhaps for lunch.

1  Thank Wez521
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Had a cream tea here after walking the dog and although the weather certainly helped, it was a very relaxing and delicious experience. Staff were very helpful and although there wasn't a table outside for us when we arrived, they walked us through the gardens until we found one hidden away in the sunken garden! Lovely cream tea with two different jams and very well priced! I am loathe to recommend it too much as it might get VERY busy!!! Don't tell anyone else but it is certainly worth a visit!

1  Thank Mildew
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Found this place purely by chance on a cycle trip to Stourhead House. Set in extensive and beautiful gardens, the Cole Manor Tea Rooms is an oasis of calm for coffee, a light lunch or afternoon tea.

The ladies running the place couldn't have been more charming or helpful. The food (we had quiche & salad and a ploughman's) was homemade and plentiful. I would recommend the Cole Manor Tea Rooms very highly.

1  Thank Tex26