“What a find!”
Review of Truffles Brasserie - CLOSED

Truffles Brasserie
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a small family run French brasserie open from 09:30am for coffee and breakfast. We serve lunch from midday to 02:00pm . Dinners are now served from 07:00pm. We can seat up to 30 persons and the two restaurants can be hired for business use or private parties. We aim to provide attentive but unobtrusive service, with French cuisine sourced from our local producers, We aim to fly the flag for traditional rural value and quality as part of the eating out scene in our wonderful town of Bruton.
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Great little restaurant tucked away in the village of Bruton. Excellent meal, the ginger and chilli sauce with the scallops was amazing - not an easy balance to get with scallops. The venison was superb, and the service was delightful. We've booked to go next week! The only complaint - finding somewhere to park , but that's not the restaurant's fault. We did notice a public car park on the way out of the village. This is a restaurant I would thoroughly recommend and, if I didn't live in the next county, I'd love to experience their breakfast!

1  Thank John R
Richard S, Manager at Truffles Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2014

Thanks John for your favourable review. We serve breakfast and brunch every day except Monday from 9am-1145 so you must come and experience the very diverse and unusual menu to sample the full range of what we have to offer.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

We had one of the best meals ever at Truffles the other evening. We had had a wonderful wedding meal there in May where Simon the chef had loaded the buffet table with so much food we couldn't try it all. So we came back for more : as the sweet Chile salmon had been so highly recommended by my husband, Simon created a delicious menu especially for us that evening! French onion soup (amazing) followed by the most tender salmon with a fantastic selection of vegetables, including violet potatoes. It really was a feast and all for the incredible price of £10. The service is great, the restaurant is so welcoming and lovely and it was a really fantastic evening out.
Then there was the puddings: creme brulee and chocolate brownie fudge cake ( gluten free) to die for.
Definitely a place to visit if you are in Bruton and if you phone a day or so ahead you may be able to create your own menu!

Richard S, Owner at Truffles Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2014

Thank you for your enthusiastic review after your visit for dinner in August. At Truffles we are increasing special events, occasional live music and special Lobster Nights as we recognise people like to socialise at these. Keep an eye on our website and if you do not yet get our monthly newsletter why not register online for free to get monthly updates?

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Visited Truffles 18 month`s since last visit: Nice to see the new décor, very nice. The fixed price menu (lunch) of £13.95 for 3 courses is incredible value, and the quality of the food very good and tasty, the smoked haddock and crab au gratin was perfect with delicious selection of vegetables'. If I have to be negative then only on the following 2 points: (1) Front of house staff need to be more welcoming Meet and Greet is so important, similarly the farewell, it is nice to asked if you enjoyed your meal.(2) Music, it appeared to us to be some form of modern music of uncertain parentage, maybe something more in keeping with the Brasserie style? However that said a great place to lunch.

Richard S, Owner at Truffles Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2015

I thought I had replied to this review before but it seems not! Thanks for all your helpful comments: We think the front of house has shown improvement but thanks for highlighting your concern. We also thing the music has improved. We use a low cost but legal service which I won't elaborate on save to comment that performing rights licenses are extremely expensive and, if we went that route, we would need to increase prices.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Lovely food and brilliant service.
Mints with the coffee would be lovely(homemade sweeties a good touch)

Thanks for your recommendation. You will be pleased to learn that we now provide chocolate truffles with after dinner coffee!

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I booked truffles brasserie for a dinner for friends and family the night before my wedding. I had been let down by another local restaurant, and I am extremely thankful I found truffles as they were AMAZING. Within 10 minutes of making the initial enquiry the head chef called me to go through the details, and we were able to book out the entire restaurant for a Saturday evening in the middle of summer.
The buffet menu that was laid on was fantastic, I really want to recreate the avocado and mushroom dish that was delicious. If anything ran out it was quickly replaced and we were also offered more freshly baked bread through the evening.
The staff were also friendly and attentive, and were able to serve us drinks all evening.
I cannot recommend this venue enough, for value, quality and experience it really is the best place in Bruton I have ever visited. My new husband and I hope to return when ever possible in the future.
Thank you Truffles - you made the night before my wedding prefect.

3  Thank Emijayne86

We were honoured to have been selected for your pre-wedding dinner and I am very pleased that it went well and you and your guests enjoyed the evening. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back again perhaps for a quiet romantic meal a deux.