“A cut above what you expect from a B&B”
Review of Primrose House

Primrose House
Ranked #2 of 11 Bruton B&B and Inns
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“A cut above what you expect from a B&B”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

A stunning house in a stunning location Primrose House was clean & beautifully furnished throughout. Devi & Helen were welcoming hosts and breakfast was top quality! I could not fault this place & only wish I had the time to make use of the Gym!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TheWanderererer
Devindar, Owner at Primrose House, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Wanderererer,

Thank you for your kind review, it is pleasing enough when we get return guests, but when we receive reviews like yours, it only confirms our levels of standards are being maintained! You are welcome again, and again, and again.

Thank you and very Kind regards, Devi & Helen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The accommodation, as ever, was excellent, clean, warm and comfortable and the breakfast was wonderful. The views are amazing and we will always try to stay here when we are in the area. The only problem with recommending it is that there may not be room for us when we need to stay! First class, and the hosts, Devi and Helen, are so welcoming. We look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank 1Caroline2014
Devindar, Owner at Primrose House, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Caroline,

Thank you for your review, we were very pleased to see you again and it was a pleasure looking after you, hope to see you again in the summer!

Very Kind Regards, Devi & Helen
Shepton Mallet, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Just had the most amazing massage at Primrose House today by the lovely Helen...The setting of this beautiful house and its surroundings put me in a relaxing mood before I even walked through the door. You are made to feel welcomed the minute you arrive, Devi and Helen are so friendly and inviting. The atmosphere in the house is warm, calming and very relaxing and is just as beautiful and stunning as the outside. As for the massage Helen managed to target all my problem areas and sorted all my discomfort. I left feeling very refreshed and totally relaxed. I will definitely be returning. Its easy to say I will not be going anywhere else for my massages in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Marie B
Hello Marie,
Thank you for your review, you were so much fun and that made it an absolute pleasure looking after you. Please come again!
Lonodn
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Offering stunning views of the Mendip hills, the warmest of welcomes from its hosts Helen & Devi, beautifully appointed bedrooms and a royal feast of a breakfast, Primrose House is a jewel of a B&B. If you want to work off breakfast then simply step outside to enjoy a beautiful country walk or if, like my husband, you are left feeling more guilty then you can run off the pounds in the private gym! If like me however you are simply looking to unwind then I urge you not to miss the opportunity of indulging in a relaxing massage. Qualified in a whole host of beauty and holistic therapies Helen will tailor a treatment to suit and I can highly recommend her as giving one of the best massages I have ever had, getting to every ache and pain and leaving me walking away feeling totally rejuvinated. Not to be missed !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Phil H
Devindar, Owner at Primrose House, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Phil and Helen, Thank you! we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit here and hope you got home safe and sound!
Bruton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This b&b is set in a beautiful location with gorgeous views, I visit Helen regularly for a deep tissue back neck and shoulder massage which I must say is amazing and as I'm 8 months pregnant she really works on the places I need it most and the treatment is never rushed I feel very welcome into her home and very relaxed when I leave. Defiantly worth a try no matter what treatment you are looking for.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Jo G
Hi jo,
we are very please to have been of assistance to you, I hear you have a beautiful baby now and wish you well, perhaps we may see you again soon.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Well, after reading the last review, I felt the need to review our experience! We booked Primrose House last weekend for a birthday treat and what a treat it was. Devi and Helen were the most welcoming of hosts with tea and cake on arrival! Our room was amazing (King Alfred), we felt at home straight away and spent some time just looking at the great views from our room. It was a miserable day and we decided to enjoy the comforts of the en-suite in a beautifully fitted out bathroom (with a separate bath and walk in shower) in a relaxing foam filled soak. Devi kindly offered us a lift into town and we enjoyed a super evening at Truffles restaurant in Bruton. It was so peaceful, we actually overslept, breakfast was amazing, fruits, yogurts, cereals and a full English, all freshly prepared from local suppliers ….splendid!

My partner and I went for a stroll around the house and the views get even better, followed by an excellent massage from Helen before we departed! Thank you so much for making us feel special, we will return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the King Alfred room which was brilliant.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James I
Hello James,
Sorry it took so long to reply, your review is very welcome as are you! I am sure we will see you again soon.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Primrose House is a really wonderful B&B. Since the minute we walked in we were made to feel so welcome and we knew straight away we were going to have a lovely stay. Nothing was too much trouble and in fact we were so tired from our day we brought food back rather than going out such was the atmosphere and warmth there.

The place was absolutely immaculate from top to bottom and Devi's breakfast was delicious. You feel really welcome at Primrose House, we had a fabulous time and will be going many more times I'm sure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeremy F
Hello Jeremy,
Thank you so much for your review, it is always a pleasure to look after people who respect their surroundings and we welcome you back any time.
Kind regards Devi & Helen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bruton
George Hotel
Bishopstrow House
Bishopstrow House
#1 of 3 in Warminster
Best Western Plus Centurion Hotel

Been to Primrose House? Share your experiences!