“Matt's Kitchen - Absolutely gorgeous food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Matt`s Kitchen

Matt`s Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Bruton
Cuisines: International, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Cash Only, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Matt's Kitchen is in Matt's house. And it isn't very big. Strictly cash only and BYO.
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Matt's Kitchen - Absolutely gorgeous food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Went to Matt's Kitchen for a leaving do recently and we all had a fantastic time! I hadn't heard of Matt's Kitchen until recently so was very pleased to find such a cute, quirky and unique restaurant right on my door step (well within driving distance) . All I can say is the food was absolutely gorgeous in taste and presentation and the atmosphere matched! We thoroughly enjoyed a mixed selection of super tasty starters (mackerel pate, mushrooms on crostini and Thai pork balls) followed by succulent chicken thighs with pomegranate molasses and harissa served with roast vegetable couscous and local mixed leaves. To finish I had the the spiced cheesecake was to die for although I will have to go back to try the chocolate torte as those that had it were raving about it the next day! The cost of the bill was kept down as we were able to bring our own wine and paid a small amount for corkage. The food and service was well worth the money and was very reasonable for a large group. We were made to feel very welcome and I would highly recommend Matt's Kitchen. I will be sure to visit again soon!

1 Thank StrawberryCupcakes

Frome, United Kingdom
“What's Not to Like?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

...or love? I've been here at least 6 times now and every night is special, intimate, warm, charming, fun and happy. Matt accomodates you in his living room which is nattily done up and he can cook. I mean really cook (I am fussy!) and he obviously loves doing it, the menu, flavours and presentation have all ben closely attended to, quite simply it is delicious food with menus changing regularly. I always come away inspired to create something new back at home and he will share his recipes. And he usually has a good story or two to tell you about where his ingredients are sourced from, much of it being local or even his own curly haired pigs he is now breeding. You bring your own drink, (several places you can buy from just down the street) he supplies good tasting water and all the vessels and crockery and chairs are a vintage mix up leaving you wondering where he gets it all from. An unpretentious evening out, you would be hard pushed to end up in a sulk. And you need cash to pay, no cards. Call ahead to let him know any special dietry requirements, he's happy to help. Reservations essential.

3 Thank RedFoodMother
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
“A Bruton-ly honest review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

A real delight.
Great quality food... interesting ingredients, hot and tasty, nice to try something different.
Smashing puddings.
Matt, the chef, informative and entertaining. Waiting girls lovely.
Warm ambience in bijou proportioned cottage room, but managing to be both intimate and private at the same time.
Charmingly understated decor, slab floors, the odd beam, scrubbed wooden tables, and white-washed walls.
Excellent value.
Will be back!

Shepton Mallet, United Kingdom
“Dinner with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Terrific evening in Matt's Kitchen. Food was delicious and flavoursome. Matt is passionate about his food, friendly and welcoming so you instantly feel at home. The restaurant is Matt's 'front room' with original Bruton mid-terrace cottage features. Lovely. We barely noticed the other people eating and I hope that irrespective of our large number (10), these diners would say the same about us. I normally never have 3 courses, but you just can't say no to Matt's enthusiasm when talking about his food and it was all delicious. Such a great idea and very well executed. Thanks Matt. Returning in a couple of weeks :).

• Visited May 2013
“Wonderful, welcoming & amazing food to boot.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Booked here as staying in town for a few days was a bit nervous of what to expect with it being a small venue. We needn't have worried the atmosphere was perfect and the food well what can I say. Being a total foodie and ex chef my standards are pretty high and I'm very picky. I was blown away. The mix of flavours used was a sensation to the taste buds. The desert hubby had was so good we ordered another to share. If you are thinking of coming here don't just book it you'd be foolish not to. Thanks Matt for one if the most enjoyable meals in a long time. I shall spend many hours trying to perfect remakes at home. Wishing you many years of happiness and success hope to visit again sometime.

1 Thank Thebeezl