“Good Simple Well Cooked Food and a Lovely Venue”

At The Chapel Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Bruton
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The Chapel is a great venue for anything to a relaxed family dinner, to a venue for a Birthday or special event or an intimate dinner for two. The food is simple but well cooked and with some tasty and interesting flavour combinations. Set in a converted chapel in the middle of Bruton and with an open kitchen, the atmosphere is great and the place is always busy, even on a Monday or Tuesday evening. The menu offers something for everyone, from amazing rustic pizzas to the brilliant Chapel Burger or more complex dishes which vary from week to week.

I eat in the Chapel once or twice a month and have never had a bad meal, so I would recommend a visit.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

waited over 10 minutes to receive an ice coffee. the staff were inattentive and din't seem to care. DO NOT go here unless you wish to wait for terrible, terrible service

5  Thank cobyashi
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Was there a chef on today.?
Well below par offering. Don't dine on here on Monday.
Visit whenever business takes me to Bruton. Pleasant waitress this time.
Dry dry pudding - not fresh.
Was really disapointed.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I Have been to this restaurant 3 times now, the first time at lunch, and had a very nice meal.the menu was a bit limited, but well prepared and quite tasty. Attentive staff and not overly priced but not real value for money. The second time was an evening meal, on a thursday night. It was very difficult to have a conversation, without raising our voices as the noise level was very high. Several large tables were quite raucous and the acoustics, being an old chapel, were appalling. There is no ambience here, other than that of a school dining hall. The 3rd time, we were seated right next to the open kitchen and were subjected to not only the other diners but the crashing plates right next to us. It was so bad, we hurriedly finished our meal and couldnt wait to get out, it was such a relief to finish, what should have been a pleasant evening out. On complaining, I was told I should have asked for a table away from the kitchen. So, if you dont know this place, and still want to try it , then make sure you ask to sit as far as possible away from the kitchen, but I would recommend you dont bother!

1  Thank Sally L
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Went for coffee, which was pretty good if not astounding, and a very good pain au chocolat. It's a lovely space and the staff were very friendly and helpful, if not all quite on the ball and it took a while for our order to arrive.
The stand out for me was the pizza though. It smelled so good as we came in that we decided to get one to take away and it was by far the best pizza I've had in the UK (fontina, artichoke, and pancetta, on great crispy base).