“Great food, great environment”

At The Chapel Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Bruton
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This converted chapel is a bit different and has a great feel inside. The food is excellent and the menu will suit all. The staff are very friendly and we were lucky enough to be shown one of their rooms which was very chic. We had a mix of food, I had fish with lentils and my friend had a pizza, both were equally good.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Came here the other night for supper full of trepidation having had a fairly negative experience previously at lunch...A good welcome this time and shown directly to our table by a bright young thing ( they must all be sourced from the plethora of public schools in Bruton) but then saw no more of her, finally grabbed someone to take a drinks order while we perused the menu. Good food. Nice atmosphere, although one did at times feel one had possibly gatecrashed a private party, due to the amount of air kissing going on between the owner and numerous customers!!( although they do say the Notting Hill crowd are moving in so maybe that was it) Lovely building and a great evening but next time it has to be Matts Kitchen...

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Arrived after having had a walk in the lovely Bruton countryside. Arrived at 3 pm. We explained tht we wanted a coffee. We were taken downstairs by a waitress. When downstairs we were told we old either sit inside or out and someone would take our order. We opted to sit outside.

After about 15 minutes I decide to see if any service was happening and found we were locked out in the ours yard with no escape! A waitress saw me and came out and I asked if someone would take our order. She said yes and five minutes later appeared to ask us what we wanted. In the absence of a menu or any information I ordered two coffees. At 3.30 no coffees had arrived so we left walking past at least five staff who ignored us. It didn't appear busy.

4  Thank Ian B
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Fantastic inside decor, Over rated, over priced would I go back? NO. Pizza was waffer thin and hardley any topping on except for fresh bazil leaves. A place to impress your friends for meetings and a drink.

2  Thank Shadow N
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I called them at 12.30 on a very busy Bank Holiday weekend Saturday, hoping to get a booking for two that lunchtime. The receptionist on the phone was very helpful saying she could fit us in at 2.15pm. Perfect. When we arrived we were shown to our table which was all ready. We were given the menu and ordered drinks. A short time later when the drinks arrived, we placed our orders. When the meals arrived they were absolutely splendid. My wife had asparagus with poached egg and side salad and I had Chicken Caesar salad and Jersey Royals. I must say both meals were extremely well presented, perfectly prepared and very tasty. Despite the restaurant being very busy the staff were wonderful, very attentive and clearly wishing to please. The ambiance was very special - customers of varying ages all enjoying their meals and atmosphere of this restaurant in an historic building. We will definitely be returning.

1  Thank ColboySomersetUK